$$$$ Would you return it?

!

Must be an AT-Pro, coins and rings literally squirt out of the ground as you walk by.

Yep! I can attest to that... 2 rings in 3 hunts, and 1 silver coin..Not to bad if you ask me!!! Oh, and they were all found in dirt

My total rings for 2014 stand at 4 right now...

A big money ring is probably literally priceless to the person that lost it. Don't think for a second that an "insurance replacement" is just as good to the person that lost it. Sentimental value often far outweighs market value.

That being said, I have looked for owners of all the gold rings I have found to no avail (4). I didn't give the internet a cavity search but I hit the local lost/founds on the off chance that there was a post about 'em.

Had I found them, proof positive, yes...I would give them back.

I honestly can't say what I would do if I found a huge stunner ring though. I like to think I would return it without hesitation, but I would probably turn into Gollum.

Finders keepers.

well said! :yes:

i lug around $1000 bucks worth of equipment, i'm nice to property owners, clean junk out of their yards, i tolerate the general public and their kids' millions of questions, and shadowing me, lol.
i've been known to "educate" the less informed public on the hobby and what we do, have had countless unleashed dogs sneak up on me (thankfully no nasty ones as of yet!), heck, i've even played ball with a few of them, haha. :lol:
and then there's areas such as the beaches, parks, playgrounds, where i'll suffer through the heat, the fly's, ticks in some places, the dogs and their owners, the stares, froze my butt more than once for my enjoyment of the hobby and getting out and having the satisfaction of cleaning up other peoples' GARBAGE, everything from broken glass, needles, pins, nails, tinfoil, pulltabs, etc, etc..... and i really like to think that whoever lost a pricey ring or some other valuable is the SAME one who let their dog take a dump and they didn't have the decency to clean it up from a public setting or they're the same ones who threw a lot of that other "stuff" out without ANY regard for other people!!

you're dang right i'll keep my finds! :yes: and does it bother me to keep stuff? :laughing:

I personally would not post an ad myself but rather search for ads. If the ring is significant to the person who lost it then they would make an attempt to find it. If the ring is high in value then chances are they have insurance on it and it will be replaced. I would have no issues keeping a ring of value if after making a decent attempt to find the owner had failed.

~Are you still focused on DoctorTecter's ring? Let it go buddy ;)

This is a whole new thread and has noting to do with him , However the thread did mysteriously disappear and now here it is back on the net again and avail for search thanks to you. For somebody that in your own words and i quote I personally would not post an ad myself but rather search for ads. If the ring is significant to the person who lost it then they would make an attempt to find it. Kinda makes it sound like your talking out both sides of your mouth to all that read the thread that you referred to. Once again this has nothing to do with anybody else, It is for my info only.

hL33PsN.png

Back
Top Bottom