Removing Iron from Well Water.

scoundrel

six feet under(water)
I recently purchased a property in a rural area, and this is my first experience with well water. South Florida has very hard water with high iron content. It seems like whoever I talk to just wants to sell me their system. This stuff is not cheap, so I want to get it right the first time. To remove the iron I have narrowed it down to two options, the Fleck iron Pro 2, or a hydrogen peroxide injection system. Question- does anybody use the Fleck iron Pro 2 and if you do how well does it work? Also, does anybody use the hydrogen peroxide injection method, and how well does that work? I was told for very high iron content the hydrogen peroxide method is the best, bar none.

I recently purchased a property in a rural area, and this is my first experience with well water. South Florida has very hard water with high iron content. It seems like whoever I talk to just wants to sell me their system. This stuff is not cheap, so I want to get it right the first time. To remove the iron I have narrowed it down to two options, the Fleck iron Pro 2, or a hydrogen peroxide injection system. Question- does anybody use the Fleck iron Pro 2 and if you do how well does it work? Also, does anybody use the hydrogen peroxide injection method, and how well does that work? I was told for very high iron content the hydrogen peroxide method is the best, bar none.

better than those is reverse osmoses set ups. removes everything. expensive though

No personal experience with wells, but did a search online to see if "Consumer Reports" had any reviews that might help, a link on this page in a paragraph about wells -

https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/water-filters/buying-guide/index.htm

was a link to this page -

https://www.cdc.gov/healthywater/drinking/private/wells/testing.html

That might not directly answer your specific question, but should help you find the answer with their resources info, and could also give you additional info you might need to be aware of.

I lived in swfl and had a well too. My home builder did get a great, deep, well placement to help fight off the sulfate issues with the water. But I only had a salt softener system on mine and never had issues. Most of my neighbors only ran salt systems and never seemed to complain.

Back
Top Bottom