Uncle Jake's Good luck medal

MTtrashdigger

Elite Member
A week ago I had snow and frozen ground. Today most of the snow is gone and the ground is nice and moist. Went out for a couple of hours and dug this interesting coin/token at nearly 10 inches down in the side yard of a home that dates to about 1910. Its about the size of a half dollar and made of something that rings up at 29 on my Equinox. Very little info online about this but apparently Uncle Jake was big deal in SW Michigan back in the 1920s. He founded the Kalamazoo Vegetable Parchment Co. in 1909 and was an exemplary and generous business man. The token has words to live by for all generations.

Attachments

• uncle Jakes GL medal 1.jpg
    uncle Jakes GL medal 1.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 403
  • uncle Jakes GL medal 2.jpg
    uncle Jakes GL medal 2.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 405
Amazing find

Congrats on the token! That is really neat. I usually only find transit, Chuck E Cheese, and car wash tokens lol

Great find! Unusual too. Have you found others?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Very cool, interesting and big token, congrats!
Thanks! It is big and based on the color and size and TDI, I figured I had a clad half dollar.

Congrats on the token! That is really neat. I usually only find transit, Chuck E Cheese, and car wash tokens lol
I'm with you there. I have dug a more than a few tokens of the " no cash value" variety. Better than a pull tab tho.....but not by much.:D

Great find! Unusual too. Have you found others?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Thanks . Its a neat part of history. Almost all of the tokens I have dug are modern Chuck e cheese type and a few that are valid in our local adult arcades. I have 1 actual 5 cent trade token and 1 early generic slot machine token.

Back
Top Bottom