Big Copper!!

Foragist

Forum Supporter
No, not a large cent. "That'll never happen." Even rarer detecting find! One ounce .999 fine copper...uhh...coin? Hefty silver-dollar-sized piece. Sounded off at a very strong, high, #38 on the Equinox. Totlot woodchip find. Poor old G-Paw!

Attachments

• DSCN2669.jpg
    DSCN2669.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 603
  • DSCN2672.jpg
    DSCN2672.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 509
  • DSCN2681.jpg
    DSCN2681.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 509
Last edited:
Very cool ! There are stores here in the U.P that sell those in just about any coin type you want.

Yeah, I was not surprised to find they don't have a high value. I was a little surprised at how many variations of .999 fine copper coins are out there! Still a pretty rare detecting find.

Yeah, I was not surprised to find they don't have a high value. I was a little surprised at how many variations of .999 fine copper coins are out there! Still a pretty rare detecting find.
I love finding big coins they are always fun. Always hoping for big gold or silver .

You don't find one of those everyday! Pretty cool. :cool3: I bought one that looks like a Morgan dollar a couple years ago for about $3.

Very cool Foragist, I've not heard of anyone finding one of those before. The wife and I went to a yard sale last summer here in town, they were selling those "coins" in rolls, your choice Walking Liberty, Buffalo Nickel, or Indian Head penny design, all 1 ounce copper each.

Interesting find...one to add to the collection!
Yep. A good one for display. Thanks JAK
I love finding big coins they are always fun. Always hoping for big gold or silver .
Me too! Doesn't happen very often, so when it does: :wow:
Thanks Yoop
A pretty unique recovery Blaise. Don't think a lot of Copper Rounds are ever dug. First I ever seen reported. Congrats! Trapper
"Copper rounds" That's what they call them! Coins, but not legal tender. I don't recall seeing any posted here either. Sounds like there's enough of them out there, that a few will be lost. The detector sure likes a full ounce of high grade copper in coin shape! Thanks Trapper
Cool find I would be happy with !
Yes Sir, happy to find such a nice thing. Thanks Claddy
You don't find one of those everyday! Pretty cool. :cool3: I bought one that looks like a Morgan dollar a couple years ago for about $3.
Yeah, I guess around $3 is the going rate for these. The actual value turned out to be no big whoop, but it sure was fun to discover it, and it looks like a great looking coin. Thanks Wolf-Dog
Whoa that’s a pretty unique find, nice!
Thanks Sweeper. I love a cool looking oddball under the coil!
Very cool Foragist, I've not heard of anyone finding one of those before. The wife and I went to a yard sale last summer here in town, they were selling those "coins" in rolls, your choice Walking Liberty, Buffalo Nickel, or Indian Head penny design, all 1 ounce copper each.
Thank you L-to-the-shiny. Rarely found because they are rarely lost. Funny how they make an ounce of copper seem so valuable.

No, not a large cent. "That'll never happen." Even rarer detecting find! One ounce .999 fine copper...uhh...coin? Hefty silver-dollar-sized piece. Sounded off at a very strong, high, #38 on the Equinox. Totlot woodchip find. Poor old G-Paw!

Wow! What a neat find!

Beautiful piece of pure copper. Great find!

I found a 1979 Susan B. Anthony dollar this past winter and it cleaned up really nice. It has a 75% copper- 25% nickel outer core bonded to pure copper inner core.

Beautiful piece of pure copper. Great find!

I found a 1979 Susan B. Anthony dollar this past winter and it cleaned up really nice. It has a 75% copper- 25% nickel outer core bonded to pure copper inner core.

Thank you. It sure is a beauty. Them Susan B.'s are hard to find! Welcome to the S.B.A. dollar club. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom