• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Rimfire rifle shooters— heads up

tnsharpshooter

Supporter
Forum Supporter
If you need ammo, you might be SOL.
Better look around and see if you can find some 22lr ammo,
Looking around on sites looks like it is hardly available.
I did order 1000 rounds of 17hm2.
Already had 5200 rounds on hand.
And already have 10,000 rounds of 22lr on hand.

Cheers.

Thanks for heads up. I have about 50000 of .22 but need more .40 and .308 when it gets real weird

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And it seems that "Cheaper Than Dirt" is gouging, again, during this "crisis". I suggest we all boycott them.

Roger

I expect this ammo shortage to last well into year. Might be resolved in Dec 2020- Jan 2021.
Demand so high even manufacturers can’t keep up if they are still making ammo. Don’t know if this corona is affecting their actual production or not.

Limit was one box per customer yesterday at the big store. Only three boxes left, off brand.

I’m sitting on only 1,000 rds .22lr, but figure I can only shoot ‘n eat so many squirrels :)

Everything is getting harder to find, not just .22 ammo. Reloading components are getting tough to find, depending on what you use. Popular bullets and powders are selling out. And shipping on orders from suppliers is jammed up to the point that a bullet order I placed this last week isn't scheduled to arrive until April 8th.

Just ordered case of geco Match 22 from target sports USA.
Good ammo in my Annie.
Shoots lights out.
Cheap too.

Only 5 cases left, better hurry.
Been 3 case since sold in last few minutes.
Bet it’s gone in less than an hour.

Now only 2 cases left or 23 bricks.

Couple minutes later, now only 11 bricks left.

Couple minutes later, now only 1 brick left.

Geco match is gone. All sold.
Took only about 20 minutes.

I'm in good shape on the rimfire but wanted to add a little bit of quiet subsonic.
Checked gunbot.net and found ammofast still had stock. Ordered a small quantity so we will see how it goes.....

I'm in good shape on the rimfire but wanted to add a little bit of quiet subsonic.
Checked gunbot.net and found ammofast still had stock. Ordered a small quantity so we will see how it goes.....

What subsonic do you use? I don't feel that it is all that quiet, if that's what your looking for.

I of course had to wait until payday to get any ammo. By that time there wasn’t any 22 ammo left around here. I did get 100 rounds of 7.62x54r. Things would hav3 to get really bad for me to really burn through that though.

I Suspect that most people, being shot with a .22 would be a deterent. I Have never been shot by one, but, I suspect it would hurt like no get out, especially if it goes through something critical.

It might just p$ss off a real, experienced bad guy, but,,yet it would slow up anyone. My point is that before stocking up on 22 cal rimfire ammo, a bigger gun is better. If y'all want to focus on 22 cal for defense, you don't need hundreds or thousands of rounds. It will all be over so fast with the first few short pops that a 22 cal rimfire makes, assuming it's not the next door teenager, who will scatter like a flash with as much as a shout.

Rimfire 22 definitely lets someone know you are ready and no doubt it hurts. I ain't proud of this...I hunted whitetail deer, out of season, using a 22 back in my younger years. It sickens me today to remember all of the ones who left un-killed, to suffer. I don't kill anything now, cept for a rattler or a copperhead, and they get a pass if not inside my house.

I have adult airguns in 22 cal that I could put an eye out at 50 yards. BOY! If I miss and graze next to the eye, a real bad guy will have it bad to "mess me up." The rimfire is only different because of the "pop." I say get at least a .223 when considering ANY defense gun. Save the worry of adding to a rimfire 22.

I'm pretty stocked up on .22 and ammo for most of my handguns. I also have a good supply of powder and primers, lots of processed lead to smelt for handgun calibers and #7 for shotgun. What I'm short on is rifle bullets for my rifles. Only a few hundred .224 and maybe 100 .30 so no long range plinking for a while.

That said last time I was at Wal-Mart there was some .22 and .17 still in the case. Not much else though.

Hit up a local gunstore yesterday, and their supply of .22 was pretty good. The centerfire calibers, both rifle and pistol, were in pretty bad shape, though.
I suppose it makes a difference here in Iowa, where there aren't any massive population centers around.

Roger

Back
Top Bottom