How to handle this?

DomCal

A few weeks ago during my flight to Scotland, I found 3 grand in a bank envelope in the bathroom. I ended up giving it the a flight attendant, and I'm pretty sure the money was put in his pocket and I think he split it with another attendant. (I walked back there and the money was in 2 piles on the counter.)

When I asked him if someone came and got the money he said, "yeah, a gentleman towards the back". He was very short about it and he did not make any eye contact with me at all.......

So, tomorrow we are flying back home and we have a long layover in London and I'm contemplating going to the Airlines corporate office to chat with some management.

Question is, should I go to the management, or just rely on karma coming back to get those attendants?

Have a chat w/management.
It might not go anywhere as it's your word against his tho, & if they did split it you know they will be lookin out for #1.

But it's worth a shot tho, worse that happens is nothing happens.

Should have gotten a receipt, before turning it over. Had them count it. If the owner filed a claim, and only part were recovered, you would have any fingers point in your direction. I think I would have held onto it myself, and waited to see if someone was searching frantically for it. I'm sure at some point during the flight, it would have been discovered missing, unless left there intentionally. The airport would have a lost and found department, and forms to fill out, although the form, and the money, might have as quickly disappeared anyway...

Hindsight being 20/20, I should have told the attendant to announce that something of value has been found in the bathroom and I could have given it to the person myself.

I have been beating myself up a little....I know that someone's trip was spoiled due to lost money, but they should have made sure that it was stored in a safe place.

I am a firm believer in karma and it will come back to them for sure.

I would have probably just held onto it and asked them to make an announcement about it. And have them come see you. That way you know it got to the proper owner. Not sure how you can prove it was theres if someone tried to claim it. But I'm sure the person would be distressed looking to lose that much. You also could have made them identify the bank name on the envelope.

To me it appears that the flight attendants claimed it as their own. I know if I found alot I'd want to keep it, but you gotta think hey what if the person rewarded you somehow for the find.

I'm going to go talk to the management. I know its going to be my word against theirs, but at least I'll know that now that they are aware of those particular flight attendants. Hopefully, it will be the same crew on the way home and I'll let them know that I had a chat with the management about the situation.

Back
Top Bottom