Lost platinum wedding band - Virginia Beach, VA

lotusflwr80

Hi all,

I am posting about my husband's lost wedding band. He was fishing just under the Lesner bridge (Shore Dr.) and his wedding ring was flung out into the water when he cast. :(

It was around 11am (right around high tide) on Saturday, Sept. 11th. It is a plain platinum band, size 10 (I think). No engravings or anything on the inner band, although it is stamped as 950 platinum. I have posted a picture of my ring which is the same, only a bit smaller sized.

This marker is the approximate location it fell off. http://maps.google.com/maps?q=36.90....907267,-76.092612&spn=0.001862,0.005262&z=18

He has posted about it on our local Craigslist lost and found as well, so some local people may have seen a similar post there. A local metal detecting enthusiast has already been out there on Sunday looking for it, but just in case someone else has found or does find it, I wanted to list it here too.

There is a reward for it if it is found. Thank you for reading!

Last edited:
I am sorry to hear about this, I am sure someone will come a long and help you out. GOOD LUCK!!

Sorry to hear bout ur situation hopefully you find it , and maybe you should get into metal detecting , or ur hubby! It's almost like fishing..... Anyway best of luck!

Virginia-Beach-Max has spent two days looking for the ring. For those who know the area, it is not likely to be found. The current is extremely strong under the bridge when the tide is going in or out. Also it drops off fast. Many have drowned by stepping off the edge and being swept away. That's why it is illegal to swim there. Anyone who tries to find it needs to be very careful!!

Back
Top Bottom