• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Lost ring 3 days ago! Ft. Laud. beach REWARD

FishinDave07

Hey guys, let me try to recall what happened...

I was out shark fishing friday may 8th at ft. lauderdale beach (map to come later). We caught a Tarpon and i was trying to grab its tail to bring it in to the shore, the only problem was that the fish was REALLY slimey. i then noticed that my wedding ring slipped right off :mad:. It happened in less than knee deep water, right at the surf.

Below is a map of where i lost it and directions:

Map:

lostringmap.jpg

Directions:

Head East on 17th st. causeway from US 1
Road will veer to the left after the second bridge make a right on Mayan dr
Make a right at the stop
make a left at the next stop
parking will be 200 yards on your right hand side.

Reward is negotiable. Call/text me for more info (if i dont pick up, leave a message). (954) 471-6588

btw, here is the fish.
Tarpon.jpg

I know someone in the area. I'll send him the information though I don't know if he is still using that email address.

Has anyone found this ring yet? Going to Florida next month and was just curious.

Ft Lauderdale ring found !!!

Ring has been found. Hopefully we can get the owner and or the finder to finish this story for us. ;)

Stay tuned.

Ok, I received an email from my friend Joe, who lives in Ft. Lauderdale. I had contacted him soon after this thread was started.
Joe is a nice guy. I've known him from another forum where he goes by "fishnchips" and we hunted together once in Miami Beach when I was down there visiting my parents. Here is what Joe said:

Feel free to post this story…it was brief…met the fellow, walked down, sized up the area and started a slow hunt…first target was a zinc, the second was a piece of a watch and the third was the ring. What was amazing is how deep it got only after 1 week in the sand. It was a good two scoops down at least…I couldn’t believe it got that deep that quick. Took me 20 mins and I’m glad it wasn’t longer. It’s getting hot here already. I was sweating it up pretty good.

Great to be of help…the fellow was a very nice guy. And yes, he let the tarpon go. He is a conservationist. LOL.

Best, Joe

Hereis a picture of the ring's owner holding his precious. ;)

Attachments

• P5130080.jpg
    P5130080.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 530
Last edited:
WOW! That is all i can say. I want to thank Joe and the metal detecting community, not only in florida, but nation wide for your outreach and support. Here's the story:

5 days after i had lost my ring, i met up with Joe to give it a shot.

I knew the general area of where the ring could be, say a 15 ft. radius. The ring was lost in knee deep water, at high tide. We searched low tide.

Soon after arriving Joe had a hit, but it was a penny. Next hit was a watch band clip. Both these items were found in the "Shingle" or high tide mark.

Joe then ventured closer toward the water and received a really good strong hit. We started to dig and after about 5 inches, he was thinking it was a can or something. Suddenly we saw the glimmer of gold! WE HAD FOUND IT:lol::lol::lol:! It was about 6-8 inches deep!! Words cannot express my joy of finding my wedding ring that i have only had for 4 months! That goes to show you how far down items can be burried within a couple days. Once again, hats off to Joe for taking the time to search for my ring. He is very much deserving of a fishing trip; a trip that i will leave my ring at HOME!

Once again thank you to everybody here!

Awesome story. It's always cool when one of us can help someone out.

Often times, these stories go untold. I've helped people find lost cell phones and rings on the beach several times since I've been detecting, which is for the past two years. Fortunately, each time has been right when they lost it, so the search has usually been short and sweet. I'm sure many others on the forum have done similar good deeds as well.

Nice going Rudy and Joe!!!

Good job on finding it. You gave away a great location of where you lost it.

Back
Top Bottom