• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Lost ring - Pine Island NC/north of Duck NC HELP!!

B

BrendanOC

Hello all . . . I did a Google search for a site just like this and got lucky to find a forum on my first click. I am not a treasure hunter/metal detector myself, but you all are. And, I need your help.

Stupidly, I went swimming last Wednesday in the ocean while wearing a family heirloom - a solid gold signet ring with my family crest on it which has been passed down among my family. It was to be given to my newborn son on his 18th birthday just as it was to me. The ring slipped off my finger when I was about 10 feet offshore. I looked for it all week to obviously no avail. I am kind of hoping that if someone were to find it, they would recognize it for what it is and try to find the owner.

The ring is a flat-top, oval-shaped gold signet ring with a long-horned stag carved into the top of it. In the very unlikely occassion that there are any "treasure hunters" here that regularly search in the areas of the Outer Banks, I would love if you would contact me. Or if anyone on this Forum knows of anywhere else I should post this request, I would be much obliged. I can be reached at [email protected].

This "treasure" means more to me than any other material possession I have.

Thanks in advance.

Brendan O'Connell

Lost ring

Brendan contacted a local club, and a bunch of them went out and found his ring 7 inches down! He's thrilled. What a happy ending.

Trudy

Yes!!

ALL RIGHT!! Glad to hear your ring was found!!:D I think I mentioned on another post you made that this is THE site get help. A really great bunch on this site!!

Brendan contacted a local club, and a bunch of them went out and found his ring 7 inches down! He's thrilled. What a happy ending.

Trudy

This club/group needs to be acknowledged somehow!!:yes: Give a great big ATTA BOY!!!:yes: :yes: :yes:

Nothing short of a Miracle!

Glad he got his ring back. I'm sure that alot of ocean surf rings are gone forever, compared to fresh water, less violent situations. This makes it even more incredible. And I'm sure that club had a great time looking. Amazing!

Back
Top Bottom