Another Lost My Stuff success story - sort of...

robby4570

Elite Member
Well, by MY definition anyway! Somone lost an item and they reported it to a Lost My Stuff member, that counts to me!

I had almost decided not to go to the beach today, I had just gotten off work and was whipped. But after getting home and having supper, I decided, Why Not? So I headed to a different beach than I normally hit in the evenings when I hunt.

I got to the beach and it was still crowded so I start swinging along and after 20 or 30 minutes I come across 2 guys, one older and one younger, the older guy had an MD and was searching a small area at the waters' edge. The younger guy was watching intently and I assumed there was a "this is how a metal detector works" lesson going on. As I approached the pair, they turned around and looked at me so I greeted them one MD'ist to another. We chatted for a very few minutes and I learned that the younger guy had lost his Tungsten wedding ring and they were actually looking for it. He was afraid that it might actually be in the water (what a day to bring the trusty old ACE and leave the Surf PI at home! D'Oh!). The older gentleman was being a good Samaritan and helping out while he waited for his wife. I of course offered my aid and together we both started searching again. In pretty short order the other MD'ist's wife showed up and they went on. I worked a grid pattern in an area about 40 feet long and about 25 or 30 feet wide. After several false alarms with the owner of the ring and his father looking on (and holding their breath every time I pinpointed and dug) and on my 5th pass down the search area, I got a sound that I just knew was his ring, AND SURE ENOUGH IT WAS!

So the owner of the ring and the ring were re-united after what I am sure seemed an eternity to him. I got some 70 odd cents that I found while searching and Lost My Stuff got another believer and good friend.

Mike in PCB, Fl.

Me on the left and the ring owner's Dad, the owner took the pic for me
527813_10151821261605635_476756757_n.jpg

532833_10151821260145635_1762089955_n.jpg

Thanks John! Maybe I do BD... this is my third recovery and return since joining LMS.

I'm just a little jazzed over it.

:thumbsup: :egyptian: :cool12: :egyptian: :thumbsup:

Great recovery. I know how the younger guy felt, when I lose something I first retrace my steps and if thats unsuccessful I start to lose my cool thinking about where it may be.

Great recovery. I know how the younger guy felt, when I lose something I first retrace my steps and if thats unsuccessful I start to lose my cool thinking about where it may be.

Yepper... That was about where I found him.

Back
Top Bottom