• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Lost Wedding Ring

amypintx

My husband lost his wedding ring in about 4 feet of water at the lake this weekend. We searched and searched and weren't able to find it so today I'm searching for a metal detector. The beach bottom is sand. I saw on another thread that someone had success finding a ring with the Vibra Tector 730 and was about to buy one online when my husband called and thought that he had seen a "regular" (not underwater) detector that had a detachable waterproof coil. I can't find the site he found so I can't get anymore information. Since the water isn't more than 4 feet deep would the cable from the coil to the control box be long enough to just detach the coil and have it be on the bottom while holding the rest of the detector above water? How long are the cables generally? The ring is worth about $500 so we don't want to spend more than a couple hundred on a detector. Does anyone have any advice for me??? Please help!

Thanks!
:-) Amy P in TX

Thanks everyone! I posted on the Lost My Stuff site and I'll PM Gulf Hunter. Hopefully I'll be able to find someone in the area to help.

for free most likely someone is going to play he didn't find it,:lol:

I wonder why a lot of people want to make public how honest they are,

If you are suggesting that a member of LMS is dishonest, including me, I resent that!

If you are suggesting that a member of LMS is dishonest, including me, I resent that!

&& so do I. I drove 40 miles r/t recently to try to find a lost ring , but was unable to. I spent about 1 1/2 hours there , but did find a modern penny that I kept. No charge & the owner was happy that I tried.

:oldguy:I have learned over the years I have wandered this planet that the people who are the most suspicious of other's honesty are the ones who are the most dishonest themselves!:tiphat:

jus' sayin'

:oldguy:I have learned over the years I have wandered this planet that the people who are the most suspicious of other's honesty are the ones who are the most dishonest themselves!:tiphat:

jus' sayin'

:goodpost::exactly::goodpost:

Hear Hear! I have been on 3 UNsuccessful "recovery attempts" mainly because too much time had gone by before I was notified of the lost item, but twice also because the person had little to no idea where they had lost the item. The last thing I want is to be accused of stealing something by falsely stating that I had not found it when I actually did.

I personally think the guys who do this for money are the mercenaries and should re-assess their values. I would accept a reward if offered after the fact but I would never ask for or expect any cash reward.

On my 1 successful recovery, let me tell you, the look on the guys face was worth far more to me than any cash I would have gotten by keeping the ring and stating that I had not found it.

On my 1 successful recovery, let me tell you, the look on the guys face was worth far more to me than any cash I would have gotten by keeping the ring and stating that I had not found it.​

AMEN

worship.gif

Love the last few posts.

I was asked by an employee of a local convenience store if I could help her find an engagement ring , she lost in her yard . I was there about 45 minutes in 90 + degree weather & found it. Her eyes lit up like stars ! She offered a reward but instead , I took a cup of coffee from her.

I wonder if the original poster found the ring ??

Craig's list

One thing I do is Look at Craigslist lost and found section. Some people list on there that they lost a ring etc near a certain beach access. If I know I am going out, I will email them and tell them I can go look and get more details. Also I will have their email address if the respond in case the listing is deleted or some troll flagger gets it.

Ya know, the one ring I was able to return by locating the owner and mailed it to him at my expense. I put my phone number and address in the box. I didn't ask for a penny in return. The ring is the one on my avatar pic. He never said Thank You, I appreciate it, or kiss my arse. That put a bad taste in my mouth to look for owners of stuff I find, but ya know what. Karma is a B. I bet he will lose it again. I will still return rings if I can locate the rightful owner. :neo:

If you want to see what joy a found item creates, look at my post in this catagory....The look on this guys face says it all.
My other lost ring find is posted here too...the woman was crying. They had given up hope and were just about to leave for San Antonio when I happened along.

Back
Top Bottom