Woman's Class Ring Returned Today 9/4/2009 - A Curious Story

Romeo7

Forum Supporter
Hey FMDF Fans. This is a follow-up posting I promised you all for the class ring I found on Wednesday 9/2/2009. The day I found it I Googled "Cindy's" full name that was in the ring. I got a hit at a local college office. I immediately called her and asked her her middle initial that was on the ring. She responded correctly. I told her I may have something of hers - a class ring. She exclaimed that she lost it five years ago in the park I was at that morning and she thought she would never see it again. I said it would cost her a picture of her smile and her ring. I swore I heard crickets in the background...

I gave her directions to my house and she promised she would show up after work. I told her to call before she heads out to make sure I was home. So I patiently waited for "after work" time to get here. I waited some more, then some more. She never called or showed up. :mad:

I was curious to why she didn't show. I thought if some guy called out of the blue saying he found my ring after lost for five years, I would be Johnny On The Spot...

The next day (Yesterday) I emailed her at work saying that I was curious to why she didn't show. And that her ring will be in the display box with the other unclaimed rings waiting for her.

So today I get a call from "Cindy" saying that work was hectic and... yatta, yatta, yatta... Turns out she was afraid of getting her picture taken. She offered me money instead. I respectfully refused it and set up a time to drop it off.

I finally met her about 30 mins ago at her work. She gazed at her ring with glee and said "Thank You". I said "you're welcome and enjoy," and went on my way.

So, I apologize for not getting the picture of her for you all, but it wasn't in the cards this time. Next time, I guess! :D

Thanks for stopping by.

-Mark

Attachments

• P0003787.jpg
    P0003787.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 502
I think it is more caution on her part! Not sure I would want my daughter going to some guys house who claims to have found her long lost ring! Nevertheless, ya done a good thing buddy!!

Picture or not you did good and that's what counts.

I think it is more caution on her part! Not sure I would want my daughter going to some guys house who claims to have found her long lost ring! Nevertheless, ya done a good thing buddy!!

Yeah I respect that, but I feel like I deserved a call so I don't wait around for her. Also, in the past when I set up a meeting time with a woman, she usually brings a friend.

I started taking pictures of ring owners for you all because it was requested one time by a member.

Great job returning the ring to her . She was just being on the safe side , your right she could of called you but didn't so what can you say .
Anyway your a good ambassador for our hobby hats off for doing the good deed it will come back to you many times over.

Harold

... my daughter's view point..

My daughter, who inspires to be a lawyer, or at least a good teacher sees it this way...
"A guy, out of the blue, calls and says he found your class ring that you lost 5 years ago, and wants to meet you at his house??? and goes by the on-line name of "ROMEO..." " :?: ;)
:D
Dusty Eagle

My daughter, who inspires to be a lawyer, or at least a good teacher sees it this way...
"A guy, out of the blue, calls and says he found your class ring that you lost 5 years ago, and wants to meet you at his house??? and goes by the on-line name of "ROMEO..." " :?: ;)
:D
Dusty Eagle

Funny. Like I told her my name was Romeo. NOT. Besides, she could of arranged me to drop it off the first time. I'm kinda of feeling like I'm getting beat up over this. :(

Hey Romeo

Funny. Like I told her my name was Romeo. NOT. Besides, she could of arranged me to drop it off the first time. I'm kinda of feeling like I'm getting beat up over this. :(

Hey, First off great job on returning that ring. It was a gorgeous ring. But I don't think anyone meant anything by it. There are not giving you any lumps;) It just online sense of humor. You gotta admit, with everything going on in the world, a little caution is necessary. She probably felt uneasy calling you back and saying she wasn't going to make it. If you want to see some online bantering, just look at my, Heavymetal Nut and Del go at it:lol::lol: It's all in fun.:yes:

Good for you...

It's what the world is today. I don't blame her caution or you feeling let down. After the giddyness wore off, she may have started thinking.....you know, I wonder how he.........fill in the blank. Women think differently.

You did a good thing, and that's your reward.

women..........strange animals!

I do see your point,You invested alot of time and effort locating the owner and she DID agree to a day and time period and stood you up.
Thats just rude.
A call to release you from your appointment should have been made.
Thats the way I was raised and perhaps you were to.
.........maybe she wasn't?
In the end,your "trophy" for your effort was a pic to post........no big deal,she probably has a ton of them on Facebook.
.........but the phone call should have happened! :mad:

Thanks for the positive words everybody. I was feeling a little down about it.

-Mark

A female co-worker called me last week. She said,come on over a couple of hours before work. There won,t be anyone home. I went over..........there was no one home. You did a good deed Romeo. Be proud...............

good job!

Hey, First off great job on returning that ring. It was a gorgeous ring. But I don't think anyone meant anything by it. There are not giving you any lumps;) It just online sense of humor. You gotta admit, with everything going on in the world, a little caution is necessary. She probably felt uneasy calling you back and saying she wasn't going to make it. If you want to see some online bantering, just look at my, Heavymetal Nut and Del go at it:lol::lol: It's all in fun.:yes:

thats a happy ending for sure! great job! and george i'll see you saturday you comedian you!

Good job! Either way she should have called you. I have wasted so much time with people like her that I don't wait for people anymore. I can see that she may have had second thoughts after thinking about it, but the phone call to say she could not make it should have been made. I have been stuck so many times that I don't wait on people anymore. I tell them to call when they are in the car to see if I am going to be around, and that if they are not on time call or I may not be here when they show. I don't waste your time, and you don't waste mine.

WTG! You went above and beyond the call of duty!

cb

Back
Top Bottom