Returned my first class ring

snf101480

Elite Member
I found my first ring on Friday night which was silver and found my second ring last night which turned out to be a class ring of a senior that was starting school today from a high school 5 miles away. I found the inscription of the name on the inside of the ring and looked it up in local news because I was able to determine the girl was an athlete by the running shoe symbol on the ring. I then called up the school's athletic department to let them know I had found the girl's class ring at the beach. I was told to come to the school and bring it to the main office and they'd make sure she received it. The secretary that I handed it to was surprised and appreciative. I just handed it to her and asked her to make sure it was returned to her and walked away. I hope she'll be happy when she gets it back since today was their first day of school and the first day of her senior year. I just hope that I find more rings in the future and that the past few days have just been the start of finding bigger and better treasure! Have a great week! Steve

Nice job returning the ring I'm sure she will be happy to get it back those things aren't cheap anymore.

Harold

That's what this hobby is all about!:yes: Keep up the Karma points!:yes:

"What was lost is now found." You are the man! This is a wonderful story and a great act on your part. Congratulations on a job well done Steve. This is a find that most here on the forum are not fortunate enough to enjoy. I would venture to say she is very thankful and happy to have her class ring back. To just hand it over and walk away in such an anonymous way speaks worlds of your character. Find of the year my friend! ...Find of the Year.

Keep Swing'in
Jack

Congrats to you, and what a beautiful way to return the ring.
I bet she cried. What do you bet?

Gives you that

warm fuzzy feeling huh? What am I saying, real men don't get fuzzy and warm. Just taking care of business right? Great post snf...:yes:...Gil

It's nice to do good things and this turned out to be easy as well. I've never been an attention seeker, even when I played sports, if I scored a goal and honestly I scored and assisted on many. I was reminded by my father at an early age to always make sure I didn't get a big head. The results were to be expected if you put the work in, so I make sure in business and in every area in life I do the best I can and everything else will take care of itself. It's just knowing that I do the right thing that matters to me.
I was asked by the athletic director when I first called to maybe leave a note or something so she could thank me, I found that to be very awkward lol so that's why I was happy to just drop it off and get out of there, there's no need for her to give me a thank you call or anything. I do like the way everyone is on this forum. It's an environment that is positive and educational and best of all from what I gather most of you don't just talk the talk, you set the precedent for new guys like myself who can follow by the good examples and deeds done time and again. Have a great day everyone.

"What was lost is now found." You are the man! This is a wonderful story and a great act on your part. Congratulations on a job well done Steve. This is a find that most here on the forum are not fortunate enough to enjoy. I would venture to say she is very thankful and happy to have her class ring back. To just hand it over and walk away in such an anonymous way speaks worlds of your character. Find of the year my friend! ...Find of the Year.

Keep Swing'in
Jack

Outstanding Steve.........Outstanding!

Thanks for sharing that wonderful story! How about that?! You got it back into her possession at the start of her senior year! I take my hat off to you, Steve. Well done! :cool:

If I were that girl, I would be so appreciative, and would want to say a big, "THANK YOU!" in person!

God bless you for your efforts to get that ring back to her, Steve! I'm sure it meant so much to that girl and her family! :grin:

Very nice deed, indeed! I would have done the same thing. Doing the right thing is its own reward.

Back
Top Bottom