one c-c-c-cold 1893 Montana Injun!

LovestheShiny!

Forum Supporter
Have not been able to get out in the last month due to health issues and cold frozen ground. Today I thought I'd give it a quick try as it got up to 51 degrees today here in Western Montana, and some of the yards looked a bit thawed out.

I went back to a yard where a very nice older lady had let me detect a couple of years ago. I was new to the AT Pro then, and have learned a bunch about my machine in the last three years, so thought I'd see what I missed. Not much, but I did make a few finds.

As it turned out, part of the yard still had snow, part was frozen a couple of inches down from the top, and part was fully thawed. I was very happy to find a 1893 Indian Head Cent, plus some more modern coins including a 1954 Jeffy Nick in the adjacent curb strip. It sure is fun to get out to detect!

Attachments

• coin1.jpg
    coin1.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 377
  • coin2.jpg
    coin2.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 318
Ya buddy you got out. Its a start. Congrats on the Ihp and clad. Also good to see your up to getting out. Spring is right around the corner. Good luck, Mark

We have a term for people like you David, and that term is “DIE HARD”!:lol: Hope you’re feeling better and able to get out when the snow is gone. Conditions around here are complete sh*t.

Ya buddy you got out. Its a start. Congrats on the Ihp and clad. Also good to see your up to getting out. Spring is right around the corner. Good luck, Mark

Thanks Mark! You sure have been doing well this year!

There he is, good to see your feeling better and able to get out. Congrats on the injun and the rest!

Thanks cellr!

Nice save shinyđź‘Ť

Thank you metaladdict!

Beautiful Indian, wish I could dig one of those! Congrats! Glad your health improved to get out!

Thanks GroundSweeper! Glad to be feeling a bit better, had a large Blood Clot form in my right leg, am on some medicine to help my body dissolve that clot. Can still feel a small clot there in my calf area but definitely am on the mend. Have to be careful when out and about, but couldn't resist the chance for about an hour of detecting today.

We have a term for people like you David, and that term is “DIE HARD”!:lol: Hope you’re feeling better and able to get out when the snow is gone. Conditions around here are complete sh*t.

Thanks IDX! Yeah, I guess I am kinda "Die Hard" and was sure happy to hunt today. Had a big blood clot form in my right leg a few months ago, have been on thinner to help it go away, but I couldn't resist getting out a bit today, sunny and 51 but still some patches of snow and frozen ground.

Thanks IDX! Yeah, I guess I am kinda "Die Hard" and was sure happy to hunt today. Had a big blood clot form in my right leg a few months ago, have been on thinner to help it go away, but I couldn't resist getting out a bit today, sunny and 51 but still some patches of snow and frozen ground.

That stuff is no joke, take care of yourself. You’ll know when I get out because if you’re outside you’ll hear way off in the distance.....YEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-HAWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!:yes:

That stuff is no joke, take care of yourself. You’ll know when I get out because if you’re outside you’ll hear way off in the distance.....YEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-HAWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!:yes:

Thanks IDX! Yeah, will take care for sure! And hope one of your first finds is a nice GOLD COIN!!! Then I'll hear that Yeeeehaaaawww all the way here in Montana!

Nice pre-1900 IHP! Glad you could get out some and detect. Had a couple hours detecting myself this weekend but the ground is still very hard in most places.Same conditions as you experienced but you are right, it was nice to get out and swing a little. Looking forward to a long term thaw. Take care of that leg, we aren't as young as we used to be.

Congrats on the IH! They are always a treat to find.

Thank you JAK!

Nice pre-1900 IHP! Glad you could get out some and detect. Had a couple hours detecting myself this weekend but the ground is still very hard in most places.Same conditions as you experienced but you are right, it was nice to get out and swing a little. Looking forward to a long term thaw. Take care of that leg, we aren't as young as we used to be.

Thanks Todd! Yeah, it is sure fun to detect, that fresh dug soil just smells soooo good too. Will take care of the leg for sure as I don't want to die until I find at least ONE gold coin! :)

Way to get out there and snag an 1800s coin!

Thank you ToySoldier!

Back
Top Bottom