• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Repurpose those old gun cabinets

Marjam42

I had a gun cabinet just collecting dust since I have had my gun safe for a few years now, so I thought i would turn it into a finds display cabinet. Some of you may have did this already, and it may be better than this, but i thought i would post the pics to maybe inspire some of you to do your own. Here is the results of my attempt. If anyone else has did it, I would love to see what you all put together. I used led light strips for the lighting and 1x10s for the shelving. Easy project, I may get a piece of plain glass cut at lowes for the door, but for now, here is what I come up with.
0a2615431f05dfe70b34d5c23d0cd535.jpg
003e61d024e14b06dc71fa8510b6aadc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Looks good. Maybe consider Challenge Coin racks for the coins? It would stand them up for you.

Looks good. Maybe consider Challenge Coin racks for the coins? It would stand them up for you.
Thanks for the tip. I have been detecting for about 20 years now, and I didnt even know that these existed, but I have never displayed anything either. I just had all my finds in the safe, and some in mason jars. I might be able to display a bit more by using these racks. Much appreciated.

Thanks for the tip. I have been detecting for about 20 years now, and I didnt even know that these existed, but I have never displayed anything either. I just had all my finds in the safe, and some in mason jars. I might be able to display a bit more by using these racks. Much appreciated.

Glad I could help!

This is a great idea! I'm looking for a gun safe - for guns - and come across lots of these wooden gun display cases. Usually quite inexpensive, too!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone for looking and commenting. If you like it, I hope you convert one yourself.

Back
Top Bottom