North Shore Mass this weekend?

I know this is an older thread but I'm also in MA. If anyone needs company for some hunts, just let me know.

Started hunting a few months ago and have been hitting the beaches every weekend, from Southern NH to the Cape. Going to start finding some wooded areas soon. It'll take awhile to learn the detector settings as I just switched from the Garrett 300 to the Minelab 600.

I'm free after 1pm most days. I don't have a lot of new sites to try but I have plenty of ones that I've hit before that still produce. I've started hunting with a few other locals too. Were all from Northern Mass and would be willing to travel. I also have an extra Minelab X-Terra 505 that someone can borrow if they like. My best finds this year have been from old farm fields but I've also had great luck doing old cart paths and parks.

I hit a tot lot this morning I haven't been to in a year and a half and left with a pocket full of clad seriously I had to leave and my machine was still hitting..... expected to find nothing! starting to get fired up and head back out, historic maps has me scoping out some old long gone trails which seem to bring the most luck. I did find a few sweet looking old foundations and cellar holes one has a arched granite roof might of been for storing pond ice? I just cant figure out how to load pics..

I hit a wooded area as well as a small quarry that closed in the early 1800's. Found a broken iron spike, a lot of shotgun shells, bullet casings, a bullet and a buck knife. 1st time hunting that wasn't a beach.

Back
Top Bottom