Lost for 49 years

Chipk

Elite Member
In 1964 I was a brand new Boy Scout and wearing my brand new uniform which cost my parents a pretty penny. Half way through the meeting my kerchief fell off. The reason was the kerchief slide, which holds the kerchief in place had fallen off. Made of bright brass they were normally easy to find but this one never was recovered. Because money was tight I had to wear the Cub Scout slide I thought I had graduated from. This was embarrassing and my fellow Scouts gave me a great deal of grief until my parents relented and bought me the proper one for my uniform.
A couple of months ago I was driving past the lot where my troop met and on a whim I pulled in and grabbed my 250. Half a dozen swings and I got a nice signal. Four inches down I find my kerchief slide! :wow: This has been my favorite find so far!
Later the week I was at a local college campus about a mile down the road. Again I made a half dozen swings, got a signal and four inches down I find a Cub Scout slide. :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 934
Cube Scout Slide

If have been detecting about 18 months now, and I've found 4 Cub Scout Slides. Last week I found a 925 Cub Scout Ring in a front yard, that I gave to the home owner who said he knows a scout leader and wanted to give it to him. It was the first scout ring I have ever seen.

I never have figured out why those darned kerchief slides are made the way they are. They come off WAY too easily!

I just found my 11th slide about two weeks ago. I think it is amazing that there is such a variety of designs and colors over the years.

Back
Top Bottom