While on the beach today I had to see a man about a horse...shoe...

robby4570

Elite Member
I had a little bit of a lighthearted recovery today. While I was out detecting in chest deep water a man approached me and asked me to help his friend find a missing horseshoe. They had taken some pretty extreme measures to keep from losing the shoes, they were painted fluorescent green and orange. But even with all that they still lost one. So I went up out of the water to where they were and talked a few minutes with them. They told me a young kid with a detector had looked yesterday but couldn't find it. So I said "Alright, well let's see what I can do..."

And here's where it gets strange... I put my headphones on, turned the SURF PI on and it went nuts, so I lifted the coil off the sand and turned it off and back on and lowered the coil to the sand and the detector started singing out again. I moved the coil and told the guy to "dig right there" and he stuck his hand into the sand about 2 inches and got a really funny look on his face and up he came with the horseshoe! This HAS to be the shortest search in the history of Lost My Stuff I would think.

He took a picture of me and the horseshoe and emailed it to Lost My Stuff's email addy and as soon as I can get a copy from John, I'll post it on here.

Mike in PCB, Fl

:laughing::laughing: well, at least it didn't take up too much of your time and you didn't even have to dig for it! ;)

:thumbsup: good job and i'm sure his horse will be happy again having all of it's shoes! :giggle:

Back
Top Bottom