Found Girl's Gold Ring

joe4077

Elite Member
While md'ing at the beach yesterday, a girl stopped me and asked how much I would charge to look for her gold ring. She said she had lost it about an hour earlier. She said that there were no other md'ers on the beach until she spotted me near the water. I told her I won't charge her but she insisted that she wanted to give me 20 bucks for looking.

So off we went back to the area where she lost it. The area was the size of about 4 blankets which is what her group had. So first I walked a square perimeter where I had to search, then I started to walk a grid pattern. I made one pass through the area and hit on a foil signal at 3". I dug one scoopful and bingo! There it was. It was a beauty, 14k with letters across the top.

When I told her I found it she couldn't believe it. She put it on and was very happy. She said " I have to give you a hug." I'm not too sure her boyfriend liked that too much but, what the heck. I just found her ring and a hug is a hug. I wasn't going to say no. She said "Here's the twenty and thank you."

She told me her grandmother gave it to her and it meant alot to her. So I told her not to wear valuable jewelry to the beach. It could've been an expensive lesson. She said it never happened before but it only has to happen once. Then you learn. She was very lucky and she knows it. Lucky for her I was there yesterday.

We then said good by and she left. I went back to my previous task at hand. Md'ing. I found no other jewelry that day but I did find $6.59 in clad.
I went home very satisfied. Sorry, no pictures. Left my cell phone in the car.

Thats a cool story im glad you could help her and that she realized it was missing before she left.

Thanks guys for all the nice comments. That girl was really lucky. As far as Lost My Stuff, I think I would like to have a little more experience before I commit to something like that. I've only been detecting for about 15 months. I'm always willing to help anyone if they ask me. This was my second ring recovery and return. I've also found and returned 2 cell phones and a silver earring.

POIDH. Picture or it didn't happen. Sure you left your camera in the car. Just kidding, we just want to see a 20 year old in a bathing suit, and the ring, LOL!

GOOD JOB!

While md'ing at the beach yesterday, a girl stopped me and asked how much I would charge to look for her gold ring. She said she had lost it about an hour earlier. She said that there were no other md'ers on the beach until she spotted me near the water. I told her I won't charge her but she insisted that she wanted to give me 20 bucks for looking.

So off we went back to the area where she lost it. The area was the size of about 4 blankets which is what her group had. So first I walked a square perimeter where I had to search, then I started to walk a grid pattern. I made one pass through the area and hit on a foil signal at 3". I dug one scoopful and bingo! There it was. It was a beauty, 14k with letters across the top.

When I told her I found it she couldn't believe it. She put it on and was very happy. She said " I have to give you a hug." I'm not too sure her boyfriend liked that too much but, what the heck. I just found her ring and a hug is a hug. I wasn't going to say no. She said "Here's the twenty and thank you."

She told me her grandmother gave it to her and it meant alot to her. So I told her not to wear valuable jewelry to the beach. It could've been an expensive lesson. She said it never happened before but it only has to happen once. Then you learn. She was very lucky and she knows it. Lucky for her I was there yesterday.

We then said good by and she left. I went back to my previous task at hand. Md'ing. I found no other jewelry that day but I did find $6.59 in clad.
I went home very satisfied. Sorry, no pictures. Left my cell phone in the car.

Great find and return Joe, and Congrats on the HUG! :clapping:

Awesome. These kinda stories could help beach goers from complaining about us....atleast I hope...

Sorry she was dressed to go home. No visible swim suit. Besides, I'm not too sure her boyfriend was cool about the hug, I wasn't about to ask for a picture. Did I fail to mention the boyfriend?

My cell phone is a cheap LG phone and it is almost impossible to see the subjuct in the viewfinder with the sun glare. That's why you don't see too many beach pics from me. When I'm working in the water or at the shoreline I leave the phone in the car.

Back
Top Bottom