A Return to the Historical Society

vexhold

Elite Member
The other day I was detecting near a local historical site, when I got a really good strong signal. When I dug it I saw what I thought was a bracelet. It was crushed flat and really dirty. I threw it in my bag and finished my hunt.

When I got home, and cleaned it off, I saw that it had an engraving on it. "Carroll". I then thought it was a baby ID bracelet. I started my research and found out the last owner of the historical site had the first name of Carroll.

I decided I should stop in to the building the next day, as they give tours daily.

When I showed the ladies at the visitors area, they were exstatic! They did though correct me and told me it was actually a napkin ring. They also said that he was an antique dealer with an uncanny memory of everything he owned or sold, so the fact he had lost this piece prolly made him turn in his grave.

They asked me if I was going to keep it or donate it to them, I was like, "Well, it kinda belongs to you anyways". So they made me sign a "gift" agreement and donated it to the site.

Never thought I would be in the History business. HA! :lol::lol:

picture.php

Back
Top Bottom