• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Got My Workout Goal -Updated w/ Trash Counts

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
I went to “Penny Beach” yesterday for the 1st time this year. I wasn’t really expecting anything other than a target rich workout at this trashy beach. It has given up gold in the past but I never expect it here as usually it’s just junk jewelry. My goal was to get a hunt a good hunt in on a spectacular afternoon right after work. :sun: I was in the water at 3pm and left a ½ hour short, of the 4 hours I had planned hunting, at 6:30pm. I was happy to see when I got home that I reached my goal of 100 coins – hell I got that just in pennies! The 52’ Wheat was a complete surprise and was probably a recent drop as there is nothing old on this beach. I included the trash picture and I know there's a lot of PT's in there that I'm going to separate and count just for fun and update the post later. The earring I thought might be silver but it's not marked and doesn't get marked by the acid so methinks its stainless.

UPDATE: I separated and counted the trash. I had suspected that I may have gone over 100 PT's yesterday and I was correct.

Attachments

• 4-17-18.jpg
    4-17-18.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 546
  • 4-17-18 Trash.jpg
    4-17-18 Trash.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 540
  • 4-18-18 Trash.jpg
    4-18-18 Trash.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 326
Last edited:
101 pennies and 21 other coins? Yep, aptly named penny beach. Beach for poor folks?
This beach has easy access and it gets a lot of "Santeros" doing Santeria rituals in which pennies are used for some type of spiritual cleansing. I remember being there once for a sunrise hunt and there were 2 seperate groups of them along the beach. :roll:

Did you dig all that with a scoop? That's a ton of work!
Stealth and my CF handle can't be beat for weight! My shoulders are a little sore today.

Attachments

• YUP!!.jpg
    YUP!!.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 428
I’ve done the same when looking for a good workout. Sure builds the upper body when digging that many targets. It’s fun but can only take it once in a while. Did you use the CZ?

Whoa, that's plenty of coins and thrash cleaned from the area. Good job and keep at it! metal detecting pays off :)

Impressive amount of targets Felix- congrats! I don't usually think of metal detecting as exercise because I enjoy it so much but it is probably better for my health than I realize. :yes:

Felix, you're an animal.

That's more pulltabs than i've dug all year.

I have never found gold that sounds like a bottle cap Felix... leave some of that junk for the pulse hunters to clean up.. :D Are you sure you weren't swinging a Equinox? :lol:
They probably don't drink "Corona's" and "Stella Artois" up in Connecticut. Those caps sound good to me. Maybe my hearing is shot from all us loud Cubans here in Miami? :lol:

Felix, you're an animal. That's more pulltabs than i've dug all year.
:laughing:

Attachments

• Elephant man.jpg
    Elephant man.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 148
Back
Top Bottom