Well, I sorta got my first gold of the year

Rooster48

I was doing my normal stroll down the beach finding the usual pull tabs and clad. When 3 young girls came running up to me and exclaimed. My daddy lost his wedding ring can you help us find it.

How could I resist. Followed them back to their spot, their dad was raking the sand with his fingers. I sad let me try , he gave me an approximate area. He said he was trying to take the ring off to put it in a safe place and when he got to his knuckle, it just flew out of his hand.

I searched the area and nothing. Expanded 5 feet and got it. He and the girls thanked me and I was on my stroll again.

Very nice Gold wide wedding band with lots of detail. Any way does this count as my first gold of the year ?

Yes it counts

Plus you will probably remember this longer than any other find you make and get to keep.

I was doing my normal stroll down the beach finding the usual pull tabs and clad. When 3 young girls came running up to me and exclaimed. My daddy lost his wedding ring can you help us find it.

How could I resist. Followed them back to their spot, their dad was raking the sand with his fingers. I sad let me try , he gave me an approximate area. He said he was trying to take the ring off to put it in a safe place and when he got to his knuckle, it just flew out of his hand.

I searched the area and nothing. Expanded 5 feet and got it. He and the girls thanked me and I was on my stroll again.

Very nice Gold wide wedding band with lots of detail. Any way does this count as my first gold of the year ?
You did your good deed. Now the gold willl be jumping into your finds pouch.:lol: . Great job. HH

That’s why I carry an assortment of spare, brass-but-gold-looking ring styles just in case....

Totally kidding :lol:

Congrats on the find and return!

:dingding: I am going to give you the dinger this time, but next time there needs to be a pic or it didn't happen! :lol:

My motto is if the detector beeps then it counts.

Great job, you helped out a family in need and made a good public impression for our hobby.

Ray

Yes, absolutely. Recovery and Returns always count toward your total finds. :)

Well done!

Back
Top Bottom