* OMG - What a Day * >> UPDATED <<

meggie

Elite Member
Hit a small beach today and it looks like the recent close call we had with Cyclone Iris last week had stirred things up quite a bit.
Plenty of coins and various targets were in abundance.
I got a faint one way signal of just 5 on the Nox ,normally I wouldnt bother with it but out of curiosity I dug it.After just one scoop it sounded a lot better and two more scoops later I laid my eyes on this beauty.
It look like a graduation ring from The field artillery School - Fort Sill ..I have cleaned it up the best I can for now,but will soak it overnight so hopefully I can read the inscriptions inside .. it weighs around 20 grams!
How on earth did that end up on an Australian beach?
To top the day of I later scored a 9ct band and a 925 silver ring.

Attachments

• DSC00689.jpg
    DSC00689.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 1,074
  • DSC00694.jpg
    DSC00694.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 1,044
  • DSC00707.jpg
    DSC00707.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 1,050
  • DSC00700.jpg
    DSC00700.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 1,061
Last edited:
I found a USAF pilot ring a few years back. There was a class number on the side. No date, but the class number told me he graduated in 1947 and flew B-17 bombers. He had died in 2002 but I was able to send it to his son.

You might find a class number or some other unique information on it somewhere. Good luck!!

I found a USAF pilot ring a few years back. There was a class number on the side. No date, but the class number told me he graduated in 1947 and flew B-17 bombers. He had died in 2002 but I was able to send it to his son.

You might find a class number or some other unique information on it somewhere. Good luck!!

Thanks, I'm hoping there is more information on the inside .. it's still soaking at the moment!

:dingding: That's a great hunt with a nice honker to boot!!

After reading many of your posts when I see OMG I know it’s going to be good! Congrats!

Oh, just another EYE POPPING MIND BLOWING day in cyclone country!:shock:
Awesome treasures, great photos/writeup, as always, and you have incredible cleanup/polish skills! If anybody can de-crust and re-beautify that ring, we know you can.

He's been under for awhile! Nice save for sure!! Pile it High!!

what an awesome find! it would be amazing to find that person that lost that too.

Great job Meggie. As others have said, once Meggie says OMG, you know its gotta be good. And yes, after the ring cleanings we've seen you do, we know this one is in good hands :) :yes: Awesome.

Btw, how many targets did you find in the 5 ish range? I'm getting my Nox later this month and just curious how the VID is looking on the beach compared to usual beach trash - tiny foil, nuts and bolts etc. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom