• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

How do you afford high end machines?

shedigz

Elite Member
I have been wanting an Equinox since they came out. I don't want to use credit. I can't come up with the cash at one time.How do you afford it?

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

I have been wanting an Equinox since they came out. I don't want to use credit. I can't come up with the cash at one time.How do you afford it?

I used my tax refund for my nox. For my mx sport I took 20 dollars out of every pay check and stuck it in a bottle. When it looked about right i smashed it with a hammer and bought one. save all clad and junk silver you find, pick up cans or anything else of value like mud puppy does. After a year or so you should have more than enough money.

I think it helps to be rich. I'm not and that's why I don't have a nox. Not yet anyway. I'll probably end up with one but I will have to save some money first. Delayed gratification is not one of my strong points.

I think it helps to be rich. I'm not and that's why I don't have a nox. Not yet anyway. I'll probably end up with one but I will have to save some money first. Delayed gratification is not one of my strong points.

I am not rich and have an 800, It would help to be rich though. Anyone can still afford one, You simply must manage your money. Theres gotta be something that you could eliminate out of your expenses to come up with 10-20 bucks a week. like eating out or buying expensive pre made and packaged foods, smoking, drinking alcohol, drinking soda, buying your coffee instead of making it, cable tv, so on and so forth.

For me, my day job can afford what I want to buy but rather than tap into that source of income, I have many hobbies that I can use to help pay for other hobbies. I do t like doing it necessarily but truthfully how many can I enjoy at any given time. I have hundreds of antique clocks and watches and probably double that in coins that I either hold onto, barter with, trade or sell. Recently I traded a bunch of odds and ends pocket watch parts for a bunch of Morgan Dollars. I was thinking of selling them to fund my Equinox purchase but as it turns out, I didn’t have to. The sale of a few of my clocks that I had multiples of, saved the Morgan’s.

The best bet is Putting away a few dollars here and there. It adds up quickly, also I save all of the clad and jewelry that I find and stash it for a rainy day or when I’m needing a new coil, pinpointer, scoop or lesche digger. I also save all of the pocket change I end up with when I buy things with cash as well as the change people seem to leave on the ground for me. My eyes are always scanning the Earth and I’m not too proud to bend down and pick up a penny. I try not to spend any loose change and you’d be surprised at how much you can save doing this.

Hope that helps a lil bit

Eric

Hmmm...…..I don't know if you have a job or not so I'll assume you either don't or it's low paying .

1. Take the detector you have now and hit the tot lots , beaches , turf etc. and start saving that money .

2. Go on facebook and start a "go fund me account" .

3. Tell your friends and family you want one for Christmas .

4. Rob a bank .

5. Blackmail someone ( this seems to be the popular thing to do now ) .

6. PM Mud puppy and ask his advice ( The Mud has he greatest ideas on this forum ) .

7.Do what Tom in California does and charge people who hunt in your area a 30% fee ( double that and make twice as much ) .

8. Have Garage sales .

9. Start a Dog walking business .

10.Marry a rich guy .

Hope this helps . Good luck and enjoy your new Nox.:laughing::gettinmoney:

say what now? :?:

Dammit! Beat me to it again...:lol:

I really think it’s about making something a priority. Not everyone,for whatever reason,is going to be able to afford everything they want. Shaving costs,working more, better job(job skills),etc. means that more disposable income is available. In SOME way,a sacrifice has to be made,along with money management. I’m not the best at it but I seem to come out OK anyway through sheer determination. Everything is earned,whether it be an EQ or a cheeseburger.
“Be better tomorrow than you are today!”

Shedigz, I see you have been around for a while and I figure that you already have a machine. In my case I started of with a low cost machine and had the good fortune to have it pay for itself very shortly and I just kept on going and saved and got a higher priced machine and it also aided me in some very nice finds that was very yellow in color and again it was paid for. Basically what I am saying is that it has some to do with the machine but more so to do with where you choose to hunt. If you hunt good producing areas then your find pouch will be much heavier. This scenario has worked for me with the exception of a couple years ago I paid attention to some hype and bought a Ace 400 and that clunker has yet to find enough to pay the shipping. The Nox you want has so far impressed those who have them so keep on hunting and soon we will see where you are raving about your new machine.

My first string on detectors bought and resold at a profit helped pay for my xterra 705. Then i bought a used sov gt on here for a good price, finds from that paid for my excal II which has more than paid for my etrac.
I don't spend alot of money on things that don't make me money...

I am not rich and have an 800, It would help to be rich though. Anyone can still afford one, You simply must manage your money. Theres gotta be something that you could eliminate out of your expenses to come up with 10-20 bucks a week. like eating out or buying expensive pre made and packaged foods, smoking, drinking alcohol, drinking soda, buying your coffee instead of making it, cable tv, so on and so forth.

Being able to spend a grand on any hobby without hardship would probably be a good definition of middle class.
I'm saving my clad for something, I haven't decided what, but I'm thinking it could be a nox800. I'm happy with the Atpro and could get a nox now but I can't justify spending more money just to stab park clad.

I used my tax refund for my nox. For my mx sport I took 20 dollars out of every pay check and stuck it in a bottle. When it looked about right i smashed it with a hammer and bought one. save all clad and junk silver you find, pick up cans or anything else of value like mud puppy does. After a year or so you should have more than enough money.

Funny this thread came up about saving up for a Nox 800, I just recently did a funny pic about that the day before this thread got started :laughing:

Here is a link to that page if you want a laugh -

https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=258582&page=73

(it's the second post on the above page)

(also, some good ideas already shared, like a yard sale to sell stuff you no longer use was a good one, I don't think I was yet into detecting back when I sold a bunch of old vintage video game cartridges, but stuff like that is an idea)

I am always flipping things. Doesn't really matter what. Yard sale, online whatever. Just pick something that you know about and flip them to make money. Or you can Uber if you have that kind of time.

BCD

Stay in school and get better paying job.
Work hard or if you ignored #1, get a second job.
DONT periodically give away half your.........stuff to what should have been a girlfriend.

That last one especially.

Back
Top Bottom