Equinox book

ZR2guy

Elite Member
Anyone ordered the Clive James Clynick , The Minelab series “From beginner to Advanced” book? I just ordered the book from Richard at Backwoods. He has it on sale for $17.95 free shipping.

Anyone ordered the Clive James Clynick , The Minelab series “From beginner to Advanced” book?

Mine just came in the mail the other day.

I'm very new to detecting so the author is discussing concepts and terms I am not yet familiar with. I've happily found myself looking these things up to better understand.

One thing I have noticed about the book that is distracting; the proofreading and editing seem to have been very lax.

I'm on my second read through the booklet and it seems I can't go more than a couple pages without finding some sort of typo. I'm left to wonder what proofreading was actually done.

That aside, I'm finding the general info helpful.

I have a good understanding of this Equinox but knowledge is power so I ordered a copy of the book. This will be the first book I have bought from this author; his previous metal detecting books have received good overall reviews. Thank you for the honest review. My copy should be here by the end of the week.

I received the book today( thank you Richard at Backwoods Detector Sales). I read through it and found it quite educational. Mr James does reiterate throughout the book about those who have bashed the Equinox for reasons that ultimately come from not spending enough time to really learn what this detector can do. I agree 100% with him.
I believe that some Equinox owners bought this detector thinking it would be a turn on and go find everything good machine. Nope, it is a turn on and go machine however.
Without giving it all away, the book does point out the awesome capabilities this detector has when learned. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom