No clue

teotwawki12

Elite Member
The thing on the very bottom of the photo....anybody happen to recognize it? No clue if old or new. Found it today near an 1864 built house with the other stuff. Had to try to remember how to listen to the AT Pro as there was on and off rain....

Brilliant me, I broke the 1939 dog license....but in my defense you couldn't really read it folded over anyway...……. one last thing. That thing that looks like an ox knob: did they make ox knobs that tall? It's only threaded at the "base". The others I've found haven't been so tall.

Attachments

• KIMG0455.jpg
    KIMG0455.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 380
  • KIMG0457.jpg
    KIMG0457.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 351
  • KIMG0456.jpg
    KIMG0456.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 324
Looks like the type of lock found on cases..luggage..a carpet bag..etc..that gizmo pokes through a slot and turns to lock..

These were used on old US jeeps to hold soft tops on. Also used for a few other applications. Probably 1940s vintage.

These were used on old US jeeps to hold soft tops on. Also used for a few other applications. Probably 1940s vintage.
Cool..you nailed it.. I knew it held down a flap of sorts.. I thought like on a bag or satchel though

Ox knob? I had to look it up. Another cool thing I hope to find some day. That hex fitting thing in the middle of your photo...I believe is a water or gas line compression fitting.

Not compression but flare. You slide a piece of 3/8" copper thru the nut, flare the end of the copper tube with a flaring tool then tighten that nut onto a fitting.

Back
Top Bottom