Finds: Last ones for 2019. (England)

Doug

Elite Member
Happy New year to all of our world wide family.

So the last finds of 2019 brought up a few surprises, lets see what 2020 can bring in?

Thanks for looking...........Doug.

My 'play' area, rain on its way in!
e4SpKlY.jpg

Just a lump of mud?
OMdbrZf.jpg

Assorted finds.
ugk9rJO.jpg

Pre-decimal coins.
Wx75IW8.jpg

Dog ID tags.
CmtwKhx.jpg

Multi tool?
Jq5pjeQ.jpg

Hammered cut half and worn silver coin.
dkL6tnf.jpg

Unknown broken item.
3j0vzef.jpg

The hidden item from out of the mud.

"The laurel sprays on the top scroll in place of the usual UBIQUE indicates a Territorial Artillery Unit pre-1917.

The decision in 1832 that the mottoes granted to the Regular Artillery should not extend to non-Regulars resulted in many variations to the basic badge."

PIpDGJV.jpg

Dutch custom house lead seal.

The obverse depicts the crowned Dutch shield bearing the rampant lion of Holland post 1815. The reverse has the inscription, R & A (Regten en Accynsen) with the control number.

A lion rampant with a sword inside a shield with a crown above. This represents the House of Orange.

uIdHLEi.jpg

ahh3dGY.jpg

Congrats! I always enjoy your posts. Is that a small metal spear point in the assorted finds photo?

Awesome way to end 2019 Doug!!

Looking forward to your sharing of your 2020 hunts!

There's so much history in the ground over there... I love the hammered coin. Congratulations!

Dutch custom house lead seal.

The obverse depicts the crowned Dutch shield bearing the rampant lion of Holland post 1815. The reverse has the inscription, R & A (Regten en Accynsen) with the control number.

A lion rampant with a sword inside a shield with a crown above. This represents the House of Orange.

Correct. :thumbsup:
The number under R&A (=customs duties payed) is from the customs post were custom duties were declared. No lists to be found for those numbers so not traceable.

BTW, look at my ava. ;)

Correct. :thumbsup:
The number under R&A (=customs duties payed) is from the customs post were custom duties were declared. No lists to be found for those numbers so not traceable.

BTW, look at my ava. ;)

Thank you.

I assume we did a lot of trade between our two countries, they do come up on a regular basis.

Russian flax seals also on a regular basis.

Back
Top Bottom