How hard is it?

Gauntlet

Forum Supporter
To set in the A/C and dump a trash can?

Out back mowing when they came by, finished the grass and went to retrieve the can, and see a bag of trash laying on the drive, and the side of the can still crushed inward.

Went back and reviewed security camera footage and watched driver shake the can several times in an attempt to dump it. I guess the sides nearly touching had nothing to do with it :blink:

FYI, I NEVER overload my can ;)

P5180001.jpg

Wow :shock: looks like they have the "grab" setting too high ?

Not sure what is meant by A/C (thought at first it had to do with air conditioning :lol:)

We have heavy duty green "Herbie Curbies" trash bins similar to that, but the truck does not use the grab claw, instead a worker rolls it onto a plate that lifts it up and dumps it, never had a problem, even when I have it filled to the top but still can close the lid.

There are even very occasional times when I had extra bags sitting on the side and they took them too, no problem.

What I really appreciate is their yard debris pick up, they have trucks that come by most (if not all) weekdays, some pick up piles of leaves/small debris and another truck that will pick up trees and tree branches (just supposed to have them cut to about 6 feet long chunks or less) and they put it into a wood chopper which shoots the resulting mulch into the back of a truck.

I have had more than once where I had a really long stretch of piled up branches and tree sections and they made quick work of it, no problem.

I used my lawn tractor with utility wagon, used bungee cords to hold debris, and hauled it to along the edge of the road leading to our property where they would pick it up from.

tree-debris-haul.jpg
tree-debris.jpg

Perhaps a new operator? KT would definitely call the garbage pickup service and tell them the problem, giving them the date and time, should have that on your video footage! Ask for the Royal Treatment next time! :laughing::laughing:

I can answer all 3 replies with 2 words "County Employee", and it's true with every aspect of things under their control.

This isn't the 1st time it's happened, and I'm sure it won't be the last. I'll be due for a new can shortly, because they're tearing the side open from the constant crushing.

I can answer all 3 replies with 2 words "County Employee", and it's true with every aspect of things under their control.

This isn't the 1st time it's happened, and I'm sure it won't be the last. I'll be due for a new can shortly, because they're tearing the side open from the constant crushing.

Maybe if you have some scrap wood you can build a sturdy frame around the middle where the claw grabs it and write on it "claw goes here" :lol: (or wrap the middle with LOTS of bubble wrap :lol:)

Hmm? Disgruntled trash guy?šŸ¤£

After thinking about this, you could be right, saw a similar situation once in a movie.......

iu

Maybe if you have some scrap wood you can build a sturdy frame around the middle where the claw grabs it and write on it "claw goes here" :lol: (or wrap the middle with LOTS of bubble wrap :lol:)

LOL, He'd probably just leave a pile of splintered wood next time.

In our State the garbage trucks are to blame for the road litter that the news blames on tourists. You don't want to drive behind a garbage truck in Florida. They literally should have a set fine every year for garbage companies to pay for roadway clean up. I do still remember when i was younger the pretty galvanized cans you'd buy that got destroyed on the first garbage truck visit. If they thought you were asleep they may bang it on the side of the truck a couple good licks before tossing it sideways on your curb strip. The lid wouldn't fit after the first day:roll:

In our State the garbage trucks are to blame for the road litter that the news blames on tourists. You don't want to drive behind a garbage truck in Florida. They literally should have a set fine every year for garbage companies to pay for roadway clean up. I do still remember when i was younger the pretty galvanized cans you'd buy that got destroyed on the first garbage truck visit. If they thought you were asleep they may bang it on the side of the truck a couple good licks before tossing it sideways on your curb strip. The lid wouldn't fit after the first day:roll:

I watched these guys pick trash out of a side compartment once (not sure why?), and just throw it down in the road.

There's a "$250 Littering Fine' sign posted 100' up the road. I've called the County (Sheriff Dept) close to a dozen times for people littering (one guy 4 times), showed them video, "here's the house the car lives at, here's the trash coming out the window, etc". Know what they say? "You get a tag number? :roll:

No one cares.

I pick up rural trash for a living, i make sure bags are double tied, if there is cardboard it gets shoved in the side and bags loaded to squeeze cardboard against the side of my trailer. If boxes are not broken down, bags are torn, or loose trash, i dont take it.

I pick up rural trash for a living, i make sure bags are double tied, if there is cardboard it gets shoved in the side and bags loaded to squeeze cardboard against the side of my trailer. If boxes are not broken down, bags are torn, or loose trash, i dont take it.

i wish everyone took a little more pride in their work ethics like you.

These days it's more like "what's the most pay I can get for doing as little work as possible" :roll:

ETA: I live near a Corp of Engineers flood control lake. They sub a cleaning crew to mow and pick up litter.

I see them along the highway picking up litter (and they do a good job), only to see the following day where people have just left another mess.

Disgusting, how lazy can a person be........

Back
Top Bottom