I May Be Wrong In This Issue But. . .

That's when I just tell them if it's that much trouble for you , then just keep it , I'll find one somewhere else to get it , or I'd do without for a while .

I know what you're saying, the only thing in this instance is I had researched reviews and prices and this specific model was also on sale and to get it elsewhere would have just made longer travel time for us :lol:

Yep, we have 1 gas station left around here , that I know of , that they’ll come out, pump the gas and wash the windshield. Remember Wachovia bank used to advertise “ your personal banker “. I’m starting not to like this world anymore. :mad:

Wow, I didn't think there were any gas stations left that would still do all that ! :shock:

Full service gas stations were the norm, then I think I remember stations going to having both "self service" pumps and "full service" pumps, then more and more went to all "self service only" so you might want to photograph that station as a rare thing :lol:

I will wait and PRAY that the mail service doesn't screw up again and it will arrive BEFORE the 16th! Surely it won't happen twice in a row! As for my husband, it's not a recent passing -- 8 years this month, actually.

I found out something else about that late fee being on my "record" -- it will affect the ability to apply for a credit card (don't want anymore cards -- working to get rid of the cards I've got -- just paid off one this month), or if I buy another house (not happening) or if I plan to purchase another vehicle (yeah, that's an option in the near future but that may not be a possibility when it's learned that I have a record of a late fee which will affect my credit). :mad:

As I understand things, :thinking:you have the right to make statements added to your credit reports with the credit bureaus. You might check into putting a statement about this into your credit report with the credit bureaus. That way, when a creditor or insurance company orders your credit report, your side of the story can counter the negative effect of a late payment.

Also, if your bank has unreasonable terms, shop for a better bank! Try banking with a small, local bank, that you can get to know the people that own it. That way, you can go right to the top if you have a banking problem. Believe me, it makes a difference whether you are a person in their community that they know, or just a faceless account number--I've had banking problems before, and it is so nice to deal with people that are happy to help instead of stupid, brainless drones that could not care less! If a bank is too big to be friendly, then they are too big for me to do business with! Businesses have to earn my business! One problem is too many people let businesses get away with treating them like dirt. If one isn't happy with them, stop doing business with them! They won't change for the better if we keep rewarding them for bad behavior.

I hope things work out better for you. Good luck! :grin:

If you mailed in the payment, from my experiences, most companies go by the mailing date to determine if late. So as long as the mailing date is before the due date, you may be fine. Did you specifically ask your mortgage company about this?

Not an option in my case. I'm on SS and my check arrives on the 3rd (or the Friday before if it falls on a Saturday or Sunday). The payment is ACTUALLY DUE on the 1st. And I had talked to them about auto pay at one time and they said that it would have to be done ON THE 1st every month. I explained about when my check would come in and they would not give and allow it to be done later than the 1st. Their reason was that it is done AUTOMATICALLY and the "SYSTEM" takes the payment on the ACTUAL DUE DATE and they can't change it. So I would forever be overdrawn on the first of the month. My bank allows one overdraw without penalty. Try explaining it would be happening monthly. No thank you!

Again, I'll say AIN'T AUTOMATION WONDERFUL!:mad:

Well, if your payment is due on the 1st and you pay on the 3rd you will be late, that much is obvious. Might I suggest you figure out a way to make some extra money to stay a month ahead?

Well, if your payment is due on the 1st and you pay on the 3rd you will be late, that much is obvious. Might I suggest you figure out a way to make some extra money to stay a month ahead?

When my husband was living his SS check arrived on the 4th Wednesday of the month and we paid the house payment with it. I had a money market account that paid the other bills (until 9/11 which killed it). After he died SS was "nice enough" to give me "widows benefits" and conveniently MOVED the date of the check to the 3rd of the month. I've tried to get them to change it and they won't.

I am on the Low Income Subsidy that helps pay my medications and Part B premium on Medicare and if my income goes over the "limit" I lose that help. So working is out of the question. I would not make enough to pay the premium and all my medications and have enough to do as you say to pay ahead on the mortgage. I'm in a catch 22.

Sorry for your troubles Penny!

I can feel your pain through the computer.
Banks and credit card companies simply DO NOT give a damn!!!

Somehow, some way it would be best to get $1000 from a family member if you have to so that you will be able to overcome this cycle.
Perhaps you could sell a couple things of value, which no longer bring you pleasure, to get ahead.

Good Luck and God Bless.

When my husband was living his SS check arrived on the 4th Wednesday of the month and we paid the house payment with it. I had a money market account that paid the other bills (until 9/11 which killed it). After he died SS was "nice enough" to give me "widows benefits" and conveniently MOVED the date of the check to the 3rd of the month. I've tried to get them to change it and they won't.

I am on the Low Income Subsidy that helps pay my medications and Part B premium on Medicare and if my income goes over the "limit" I lose that help. So working is out of the question. I would not make enough to pay the premium and all my medications and have enough to do as you say to pay ahead on the mortgage. I'm in a catch 22.

If your find a cash job they wouldn’t know and you can get ahead a month.

If your find a cash job they wouldn’t know and you can get ahead a month.

She would have to bank the money in order to pay it out, and the banks now have strict federal regulations on reporting things, so she might get reported by her bank and charged with fraud by the government. Big Brother is watching everything you do.

She would have to bank the money in order to pay it out, and the banks now have strict federal regulations on reporting things, so she might get reported by her bank and charged with fraud by the government. Big Brother is watching everything you do.

AMEN! But there is a way around it. I crochet and knit on the side and sell what I make --- CASH!

This Incident Might Be A Blessing In Disguise!

After I received the original check back damaged and had to resubmit another check, I found out that I had miscalculated my check book and would have been overdrawn IF the first check had posted -- OOPS! :shock: So I quickly deposited $30 cash in the night drop on Wednesday night last week to keep the account from being overdrawn. The second check posted Friday night because it showed up Saturday morning BUT it has a POST DATE of February 20 because the bank was closed Saturday through Monday! Now I have a grand total of $68.21 left in the bank with 2 checks outstanding totaling $53.42 and a $4 service charge yet to come out which will leave me $10.79! Yippee I ain't broke -- YET! Better get out there and get some digging done. Got out twice today -- Grand Total: $2.37! Grand Total for the year so far is $6.16 (got a LONG way to go)!:p

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?p=2896762#post2896762

I will find out tomorrow if the mortgage company POSTED the second check on FRIDAY the 16th or if they also POSTED DATED the check for the 20th! We will see! I'll let you know.

Last edited:
I will wait and PRAY that the mail service doesn't screw up again and it will arrive BEFORE the 16th! Surely it won't happen twice in a row! As for my husband, it's not a recent passing -- 8 years this month, actually.

I found out something else about that late fee being on my "record" -- it will affect the ability to apply for a credit card (don't want anymore cards -- working to get rid of the cards I've got -- just paid off one this month), or if I buy another house (not happening) or if I plan to purchase another vehicle (yeah, that's an option in the near future but that may not be a possibility when it's learned that I have a record of a late fee which will affect my credit). :mad:

No, it won't appear on your credit report....unless it's 30+ days late.

If it DOES appear on there, then you can dispute it (I can help you with that :) )

If it's not removed, then you can file suit against the bank...for FCRA violations it's 1000 statutory damages PER offense.

No, it won't appear on your credit report....unless it's 30+ days late.

If it DOES appear on there, then you can dispute it (I can help you with that :) )

If it's not removed, then you can file suit against the bank...for FCRA violations it's 1000 statutory damages PER offense.

Veeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrry Interesting! Okay! We'll wait and see!

I'm In The Clear! No Late Fee!

Payment arrived on the 16th and was posted on the 16th. WHEW!:yes: I'm a happy camper.

Back
Top Bottom