$$$$ Would you return it?

The rings i have "dug" have all been kept, the one pendant I "found" was returned. It was a really nice, gold, with small diamonds and a larger red stone, on the ground in a local park around Christmas time. A simple search of CL resulted in an ad that they were looking for it. It felt better to me to return what I knew had just been lost, and she was glad to get her 25th anniversary present back, that her grandchild had broke the chain to at the tree lighting ceremony just weeks before. The nice reward they offered me, felt just as good to me.;)

I would suspect that any really expensive piece of jewelry has some sort of insurance on it. So, the ex-owners aren't out all of their money.

If that helps you out.

But you can't put a price on sentimental value involved.

I've returned 2 class rings. One guy (gold $300+ melt at the time) wanted to hug and kiss me...I settled for $100 from his offer of $200.

While the other jerk acted like I was bothering him...junky school ring(no bling)!

You'll have to listen to your heart/conscience and learn for yourself.

I have no idea what ring you are talking about.

Nothing but pull tabs and zinc pennies around here. :roll:

Is this about the ring that was posted on here that you went completely out of your way to find out were the guy lives to look for ads??? Im curious Why youre soo curious about other peoples moral decisions?? And to answer your question id keep it... (EDIT) didnt read through the replies before posting, I see others caught on to..

Is this about the ring that was posted on here that you went completely out of your way to find out were the guy lives to look for ads??? Why are you soo curious about about others peoples moral decisions?? And to answer your question id keep it

A fine example of why I post only coins and junk nowdays. :D

only you can decide the right thing to do. On a side note; if it's not a class ring to give you a lead.... they are gonna come out of the wood works saying they lost a ring. Ex; I was at the park hunting and my detector kept hitting on a ring. This kid walks up and says what are you digging for. I replied a ring. He says oh cool, my sister lost a ring out here. Me being a little smarter than this kid ask 'what does the ring look like' just in case what I dug up wasn't his sis ring. So GL on your decision!

I return all I can.

HOWEVER,

I will NOT judge ANYONE with different views and ideas than I have. It's yours to do whatever you see fit to do with it within your mind and state laws. EVEN if you decide to break a state law, that is absolutely YOUR choice and your belief.

If I had to sneak into a historic graveyard by squeezing through a slight opening in a fence at night, you bet your butt after all that work im keeping it!

well..... to me class rings , military rings and personal type customs like that should at least try to find the owner....but if i found a $30,000. platinum ring with a large stone....AAARRrRRrhhhhh.... i become a pirate!

:pirate:

Yes what Riff said. Someone that has money for a 30,000 dollar ring has the money to replace it and more than likely insurance. Besides bling like that is just showing off!! If item looks like it could be a family heirloom ( obviously old and well worn) and has some identifiable marks I would look for lost ads and see if I could return it. But like Cali said I'm not running a found ad to do so. There is a little bit of pirate in me as well.

Chris W.

If and item is identifiable I will attempt to return to owner. But my motivation for detecting has nothing to do with gain. I enjoy the history and the hunt.
If no owner found it goes in with the other finds. Unless I find something worth a TON of money I never plan to sell anything anyway. Just cash in clad.

if identifable with some clue id do my best to find that can be as rewarding to return something BUT if no ID and no luck locating well you know!!!:cool:

Have you been hunting without me? You finally found my secret spot, didn't you?

I'd return it if possible. I might not try real hard to find the owner, but hard enough to clear my conscience. :D

only you can decide the right thing to do. On a side note; if it's not a class ring to give you a lead.... they are gonna come out of the wood works saying they lost a ring. Ex; I was at the park hunting and my detector kept hitting on a ring. This kid walks up and says what are you digging for. I replied a ring. He says oh cool, my sister lost a ring out here. Me being a little smarter than this kid ask 'what does the ring look like' just in case what I dug up wasn't his sis ring. So GL on your decision!

What kind of machine are you using that tells you it was a ring before you dig it?! I might have to upgrade immediately!

Back
Top Bottom