Large coffee and some silver to go!

Treasurekidd

Elite Member
On the way to work this morning, I stopped and got my usual large coffee, and got a beat up 1951 P silver Rosie in my change. The coffee shop girls must think I'm nuts, because when they hand me back my change, I keep the coins and hand her a buck for a tip, but it pays off sometimes. This is the second silver coin I've gotten from this same coffee shop in the last 6 mos or so, the other was a 64P quarter. I'll take the silver finds any way I can get them. Always check your change!!

Attachments

• 51 dime.jpg
    51 dime.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 64
  • 51 dime 2.jpg
    51 dime 2.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 64
It doesn't look like a silver coin, that's probably why no one grabbed it first :lol:

Sounds like you should just go up there and ask them if they have any old coins sitting in the drawer. If the line isnt long and they know you as a good tipper you might do pretty well.

Good going. And just think of the rest you gave your arm not having to swing the coil to get it. :lol:

I used to work at a restaurant and you couldn't believe the coins I found at that place. I would find at least one wheatie every other day on average plus some silver every month or so and that was working full time. In total I believe I found 6-7 silver Roosevelt's, 1 Mercury dime, and 100-150 wheaties.

I was checking my change the other day after a purchase from the dollar store. Would you believe that I found a buffalo nickel, with no date. I haven't gotten one of these from circulation in a loooong time. Last cool coin I found in my change was a 64 quarter, about three months ago. Cool find btw.

Joe

Back
Top Bottom