PayPal Friends & Family

Rudy

Admin
We are not about to legislate what method of payment buyers & sellers use to transact a sale in the classifieds. At the same time, buyers need to be aware that if they use the Friends & Family method of payment with PayPal, they have kissed off any recourse of getting their money back!

Trying to save the commission costs is a steep price to pay if the seller never ships and disappears from the forum. So, as the Romans used to say: Caveat Emptor (let the buyer beware).

Recourse from regular paypal can be limited to the amount the seller has in their account. The safest way to pay is with USPS money orders.

Paypal has got to be the biggest racket going on these days. If your the seller and the buyer wants to stick it to you... get the lube out.. because its coming.

Recourse from regular paypal can be limited to the amount the seller has in their account. The safest way to pay is with USPS money orders.

Paypal has got to be the biggest racket going on these days. If your the seller and the buyer wants to stick it to you... get the lube out.. because its coming.

Like I said, we are not trying to legislate what method you use. :D

I've been using PayPal for 19 years, over 4,000 transactions. Only once did Paypal screw up or cause a problem, so.............!

Jeff

I've been using PayPal for 19 years, over 4,000 transactions. Only once did Paypal screw up or cause a problem, so.............!

Jeff

Their policies are a complete joke. The buyer is always right no matter what. I had 1 buyer complain after 5.99 months. He didn't return the item as it was sent. In fact, in the end he didn't return it at all.
Full refund awarded.

I got a notice from Paypal, they said they are raising Good & Svcs to 3.75 and all other transactions will be charged 3 per cent. If I read that right, no more F&F. If Thats the case I will use another service. Mark

I got a notice from Paypal, they said they are raising Good & Svcs to 3.75 and all other transactions will be charged 3 per cent. If I read that right, no more F&F. If Thats the case I will use another service. Mark

International F&F was gone a couple of years ago. They upped it to a little over 5%. :laughing:

If they charge fees I pass them on to the buyer. Name a financial institution that works better and people belong to.

Ask for pics.
Never sell to new members.
Ask for references from previous deals.
If you get shafted make the forum aware.

Heck some of my transactions with known members here I have mailed it before I got the money. The power of the forum is real.

Well, what did anyone expect? F&F was there to transfer money from friend-to-friend, or family-to-family, without any monetary loss to fees.
It wasn't there for sellers and buyers to abuse when doing business, and PayPal is looking to practice a little, (or lot of), CYA. It's just good business, (from thier viewpoint).

That being said, I have never used PayPal for anything, and didn't trust them anyway.

Roger

Main reason they are closing FF now is because everyone is using it since govt is going to tax any sale above 600.00.
So now after 600 bucks you have to report it to the IRS, buy a new detector dont like it sell it and pay taxes on it again.
Will be USPS M.O for me from now on. I have also been using paypal for at least 18-19 yrs with no hassle but will stop once govt sticks their nose in.

From what that MSN article was saying, it looks like the F&F is going away for PayPal business accounts, but not personal accounts as far as receiving money in that way goes. I too haven't had any issues with any PP transactions, but I do have to remember that if my brother ever wants to send me anything, make sure he sends it to my personal account and not my other one I guess.

Will add though, that I have seen a lot of cases where it's definitely side-with-the-buyer a majority of the time without even waiting for the other side of the story. It's something I've always been wary of, and I rarely use paypal for actual transactions any more. I might miss out on some good deals, but sometimes it helps my peace of mind to pay a higher price at a retailer instead. Just my .02 though

I've been a Paypal user for over 20 years. More just casual with some 320 transactions, all 100%, and have had 1 issue.

I don't do much selling anymore because of all the fees and I've already received a letter from eBay saying I will get a 1099 for this year. I still use F&F for the people I trust.

Back
Top Bottom