Hey... 12¢ is 12¢...!

Krom

Elite Member
The 1900 IH was 4½ inches deep... (checked the hole again)... the 1901 IH was 5½ inches deep... (checked the hole AGAIN)... and the Barber was 6½ inches deep... and I needed all 3 of 'em for my progressive collection...!
(Yes, I checked the hole a third time JIC, but nothing.)
Anyway... day's been made. Time to enter 'em in the comp database, give 'em a hot bath in some hydrogen peroxide, pat 'em down, give 'em a kiss, an' lock 'em away in the safe.

Attachments

• th_IndiansBarber.jpg
    th_IndiansBarber.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Wow Krom!

That sure is the lazy man's way to metal detect. :lol:
Most people would have to dig a dozen or more holes to get those three coins.

That Barber is as pretty as the day it left the mint. Congratulations.

Very nice! I knew there was something in that field.  :lol:
Sure wish I coulda played hookey from work today ... i guess there was a reason I couldn't sleep last night! :shock:

Now ... just imagine what ELSE is there ...

(sorry. corrected spelling :D - Krom)

Nice finds, Krom Maestro. Levman once found a 1900 penny, a 1900 nickel, and a 1901 quarter in the same hole. I guess "The Pocket Spill God" fits his character perfectly. Once, I believe, I hope I am not doing him an injustice, he found 8 Wheaties, 2 1947 nickels, 1 Buffalo nickel, and a 1947 dime in the same hole.

Very nice finds Krom. That barber is sweet

As rare as they are (for me, anyway), they're sweeter than sugar, Megaman!
(...and that [them], you can take to the bank! ;) :lol:)

Gotta love them one hole wonders, they make alot of cents.
The only multiple strike worth mentioning for me was my very first silver, a 1948 quarter and a merc snuggled right next to it.

That's like switchin' from ordinary sugar to sacrin, Xray...! :lol:

I got 3 barbers now, Hank (in a few years), but what I'd really like to find (well, we all want what we haven't dug yet, right?) is a seated lib like your avartar (what a rush that musta been!).
(Ho-hummm!) Some day, I hope...! :yes:

Back
Top Bottom