NOX 800: aftermarket bluetooth earbud delays

Splix76

I picked up a seat of these to use in the heat, and hopefully in shallow water.
https://www.amazon.com/Boltune-Bluetooth-Headphones-Detection-Waterproof/dp/B083P1HY43

Yesterday I ran out to a local park to test them out, and the delay was very noticeable, to the point that target location was greatly impacted by it. I ended up throwing the ear bud in a pocket and detecting without headphones.

These headphones are BT 5.0 with AptX technology for low latency. Does anyone have tips on how to improve this? I plan to return them and try again if I can't get these to work as well as the over ear headphones the Nox800 comes with.

I think I may have found the issue. These are AptX, not AptX LL, I didn't realize there was such a difference.

I am one of the guys that recommended the Aukey B80s. They work great with my older Equinox 800 and 600. I recently picked up another 600 that was manufactured recently. Both of my pairs of Aukey B80s will rarely sync with this newer 600 and when they do the audio is full of static and unusable. So, I am trying to get MinelabAmerica to give me some kind of answer on why this is happening. Still waiting after three weeks. They did respond fairly quickly in the beginning but nothing since. I don't think it is a problem with the Aukeys. My ML 80s are hard to sync and have a bit of static too. The WM08 module which does not use Bluetooth, works great.

Hopefully this gets sorted out soon. The Aukeys, Sennheiser CX 6.0 and SoundPeats sure sound better and don't make me sweat like the over the ear headphones do.

Jeff

This is interesting...i have the B80s and they are Ok soundwise, (my Soundpeats Q12+ are much better from an audio standpoint), but like the fact the B80s hang on my ears and dont fall out when they get sweaty. No connection issues with my 800 either, even after being updated to V3. Now that my 800 has died and in the process of being RMA'd, ive borrowed my buddies 800 (also updated to V3) which has a newer build date. It constantly drops the BT connection to the B80s for some reason. When they do connect the audio is staticy and scratchy. My Q12+ connect fine and stay connected. This does lead me to believe the newer 600/800 might have a different BT chip that doesnt play nice with the B80s.

Which I guess this also implies that if we return our unit under warranty and get a new pod we might have Bluetooth issues even if we aren't now. :shock:

So how do you like the Aukey's? I've been using them a couple of months and they are great in the heat.

I still use these as my main headphones. After moving to AZ, the over the ear headphones are out for me, far to warm for ear coverage.

Latency is not an issue for me. These are no longer available to buy, unfortunately, as they were cheap and work GREAT.

Yes, I'm glad I picked up a couple pair last year when they were cheap. I used over the ear headphones for a few months this winter but most of the year I prefer the Aukey B80s. They are comfortable, no noticeable latency and the sound is pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom