Vanquish

Took it back in the yard for a while today. Found a wheat penny that hit solid 4 ways strong that somehow wasn't found with all the other detectors. Wasn't deep. About 6 inches.
Miccus aptX Low Latency Wireless Headphones that came today works perfectly with it also. 5.0 version off Amazon.

What settings do you use on the salt beach with the vanquish

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

If anyone is passing up a vanquish thinking it’s a watered down machine your missing out..This 440 with the 7x10 don’t miss much in separation or depth..I’d go as far as to say in my opinion it will find pretty much anything the big boys do,and just as good.
I saw the good nail tests and the bad nail tests,I guess it’s all in who’s swinging and setting it up..Can’t speak of any test because to me it’s just amusement,but I can speak of actual in ground finds. When I find somthing like the token I just found I always flip from jewlwery mode to all metal.And let me say it was a sweet high tone jumping out of a nonstop iron thumping coming from the ground..So is it good in iron? I’d say so

If anyone is passing up a vanquish thinking it’s a watered down machine your missing out..This 440 with the 7x10 don’t miss much in separation or depth..I’d go as far as to say in my opinion it will find pretty much anything the big boys do,and just as good.
I saw the good nail tests and the bad nail tests,I guess it’s all in who’s swinging and setting it up..Can’t speak of any test because to me it’s just amusement,but I can speak of actual in ground finds. When I find somthing like the token I just found I always flip from jewlwery mode to all metal.And let me say it was a sweet high tone jumping out of a nonstop iron thumping coming from the ground..So is it good in iron? I’d say so

I just saw a "bad nail coin test" on another site. Nails laid horizontally with coins between. The guy sweeps over and couldn't detect coins. My 705 Will probably do the same thing until you go slow over it. That's why we go slow and walk around a suspected masked coin until we "cut it out". Worst was a claim that the 540 coudnt hit a dime past 4" !!! Conditions apply to depth. Newly buried coins are the worst. No halo affect and loose substrate. Fortunately for us coins don't fall to the ground jump and plug themselves inches into the soil! They work in over time. I generally look at coin depth very lightly. Too many variables. "A quarter to eighth". In general your OK if your machine is picking quarters out of 8" . Of course coil size can change this but it's all realtive to conditions. In a very dry soil you may be lucky to pluck a quarter out of 6" . At least with any VDI anyhoo.
Wood, I enjoy your accesment. Real in field. You can do anything on a video! And some people can be biased.

I buried a dime at a measured 9 inches while me and my wife were detecting, and her 540 hit it with high tones and good vdi with no problem. Depth is no problem and whoever couldn't hit a 4 inch dime needs to send their machine back. lol

I buried a dime at a measured 9 inches while me and my wife were detecting, and her 540 hit it with high tones and good vdi with no problem. Depth is no problem and whoever couldn't hit a 4 inch dime needs to send their machine back. lol

What soil conditions was that 9" bury done? Sandy maybe?

What soil conditions was that 9" bury done? Sandy maybe?

Im in western Pennsylvania and my coin garden is at least 13 + years old. I measured from the coin to the top of the dirt when I burried the mercs, 6 ,8 and 10 inches...Did the same with a 8 and 10 inch quarter.
No machine I've owned will hit the 10 inch merc, and that's alot of high end machines. And neither will the 440... But he 440 slams the 8 inch merc and by all accounts every machine reads that coin as 9 to 10 inches which it could be after all these years.
I can hit the 8 inch quarter everytime and get about 4 Hits out of 6 on the 10 inch quarter.. My soil is old black Pennsylvania packed dirt, nothing loamy or sandy about it.And like the mercs, im sure those quarters sunk somewhat after all those years.
I don't talk alot about my test pits cause I'm more into real life scenarios. I've dug 8 to 9 inch coins with the vanquish 440 while out , with good ID and even better tones.
I'm not insinuating the vanquish is better than anything else out there, I'm just saying it gets the job done and I have total confidence in the machine to not miss much at all.

I misunderstood. I thought you freshly buried a dime. I also have long term coins in my home garden and most all of my machines see 9", well seasoned 10 year-buried dimes.

The one I tested was freshly buried. The soil was dark top soil. The field was just plowed a few months ago. Hunting these fields are different than yards and parks where halos are concerned.

Back
Top Bottom