JB Xpress

Oh man, that's super rough. I'm sorry to hear this. Good job reacting as you did.

Last edited:
Oh Man!.......We will be praying and wishing the best for our nickle carver!
Thanks for letting us know WildDigger. Please let James know about his Forum Friends wishes and prayers...

Stroke is tough. I had a mild one 4 years ago next month. Mine was from a clogged carotid artery and a small piece of plaque broke off and traveled up to my brain. I happened to be standing up at the end of my bed and my right leg gave way and I twisted and fell onto my bed. My brother drove me to the emergency room and I walked in on my own. There was No Pain, not then or since. You don't feel brain pain. The next day, they operated and took out the plaque in my artery. I was already on the VA waiting list for the operation, they just got it wrong. But 4 years later, I am not completely over it. Tired a lot, sleep a lot. But I'm 73, being 38 would be torture. He'll need friends.

Thank you all. as some know he works from home as a Engraver and mainly a Hobo Coin artist. this will devastate his family in many ways. I know how hard it is to loose a paycheck in a family. From what they said yesterday when I went to visit him he will need extensive therapy and things done to his home to accommodate him when he is able to go home. I hate that his 8 year old has to see daddy in a hospital at Christmas. (I hate anyone to spend it that way). I posted a link to a go fund me that I created for him. All donations (except the fee go fund me takes) will go directly to him to help him prepare for this.
Thank you guys!

(except the fee go fund me takes)

The gofundme donation page says that they take 0% from the donations given to the recipient. They ask for a tip/donation/gratuity (can't remember the word they used) separate from, and after the initial donation amount, to go toward their operations.

If they do withdraw a fee from the donations, let us know as they are being dishonest in their communications if so.

The gofundme donation page says that they take 0% from the donations given to the recipient. They ask for a tip/donation/gratuity (can't remember the word they used) separate from, and after the initial donation amount, to go toward their operations.

If they do withdraw a fee from the donations, let us know as they are being dishonest in their communications if so.

Thanks and I will. He needs all the help he can get.

It doesn't look good. Yesterday he went backwards and will not swallow liquids. They said he can but he just won't. if they can't get him to start swallowing again they will have to put in a feeding tube. He was showing improvement the day before but that is all gone. If you have seen his videos or him in mine you know how lively he is normally and he is a jokester at heart. It is so hard to see him like this. Please pray for him and if you can at least share the go fund me campaign.
https://www.gofundme.com/jbxpress

It doesn't look good. Yesterday he went backwards and will not swallow liquids. They said he can but he just won't. if they can't get him to start swallowing again they will have to put in a feeding tube. He was showing improvement the day before but that is all gone. If you have seen his videos or him in mine you know how lively he is normally and he is a jokester at heart. It is so hard to see him like this. Please pray for him and if you can at least share the go fund me campaign.
https://www.gofundme.com/jbxpress

Can you please post the links to some of his and yours videos for us to see?

They got James to sit up for a bit today but it was in a special chair so he would not fall over. He still has very little to no feeling on his entire left side. It seems he will get feeling back in little amounts then it goes away. they are keeping the feeding tube in but will allow him to be back on a liquid diet as long as he can stay awake. The doctor said he is hopeful that James get get out of ICU in a few more days and go to a regular room. Thank you for all saying prayers and to all that have donated. The Go Fund Me campaign will help him so much!

For those that wanted to see YouTube videos of him and I out detecting check out my channel. there is a tag line in my signature. Or just look up WildDigger.

If he is on a feeding tube because he can't safely swallow anything he is probably thirsty/dry mouth. I had a tracheotomy tube in my throat to breathe and a peg tube in my stomach for food. I somehow got the wash cloth my family were using to cool my face in my mouth (they weren't happy about that) and it was heaven for a short time. I sucked on it like a baby with a pacifier. It was sooo refreshing. Mention that to a nurse, though they might say no for fear of aspiration. Being thirsty is horrribbble.

Good job recognizing that he was in trouble and needed immediate medical attention! You saved his life! I saw your latest Gofund me video update, looks like hes doing a lot better, hope he recovers completely and regains complete feeling on his left side.

THANK YOU to everyone that donated and shared. We reached a higher goal than expected and faster than expected. I raised the goal limit 3 times and it continued to grow. I will keep it open as I did not know it could grow past Max level. James will be going to a rehab center hopefully in the next week or 2 then home. He still has an extremely long road and will still need help and prayers. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom