Australia Vacation Finds

chihuahua5

Forum Supporter
Big shoutout to X-Terra70! Many thanks for the tips and money saving ideas Sir! We were so excited to see as much as we could, I only got in 2 or 3 hunts. Hunted some in Windang, Surfers Paradise and Gold Coast. Just brought along the Wife's BHIV because I never had flown with a detector and was fearing the worst (lost or broken).

Only saw 1 local hunter. Saw an outcrop walkover at Gold Coast and knew few will take the time to scoot under there. Prayed there wasn't any snakes/critters and started. BLAM, big hit, moved some sand with the Carrot and OMG! There she was, a GOLD chain! By this time some partiers were overhead and looking thru the cracks at me. Slowly passed it to the Wife and she promptly declared, "Honey, you have a gold colored chain only"...oh well :(

Ended up with clad, 1-Chinese coin, a Croc pin, buttons, fishing weights, a JAWS charm and an ear gauge jewelry. Had lots of fun, great people, clean, beautiful Country and I highly recommend making the trip!

Attachments

• 20170610_022424.jpg
    20170610_022424.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 330
  • PSX_20170618_233740.jpg
    PSX_20170618_233740.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_20170608_005359113.jpg
    IMG_20170608_005359113.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 333
  • 20170610_040923.jpg
    20170610_040923.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 322
  • 20170610_022157.jpg
    20170610_022157.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 318
No worries, I'm glad you had a fun experience. :)

You're really brave crawling under that outcrop, I wouldn't want to disturb a brown snake! :lol:

Nice finds you got there! :) That jaws charm is really cool! You found a lot of sinkers, I hope you didn't weigh your suitcase down with them!

Last edited:
No worries, I'm glad you had a fun experience. :)

You're really brave crawling under that outcrop, I wouldn't want to disturb a brown snake! :lol:

Nice finds you got there! :) That jaws charm is really cool! You found a lot of sinkers, I hope you didn't weigh your suitcase down with them!

For sure, I tried to look over the area real good and used the detector to sweep/poke and try to scare anything away :shock:

Yes...I brought all of them home, even a fishhook :D

Hey chihuahua, no wonder we hadn't seen you around here for a while, you done and skipped town on us! waaaaay out of town. Looks like you had an awesome time. Congratulations

chihuahua5, I have not been out much lately, busy between house project and buying and selling locally and online.
That little storm that just went by here did nothing to help the conditions, I am getting itchy to get out though...

chihuahua5, I have not been out much lately, busy between house project and buying and selling locally and online.
That little storm that just went by here did nothing to help the conditions, I am getting itchy to get out though...

Gotta make that $, lol. Keep us posted! I always enjoy your pics

Thank you Sir, we did! Como estan todos aya en el norte, jaja... Good, I hope?

We are doing muy bien up here en el norte, but i'll tell you what, if you don't go and hunt "Lon C Hill park" I'm gonna have to go down there and hunt it myself, buddy.

Back
Top Bottom