Another ring in the books for 2019

pryan67

Forum Supporter
I think this is number 12. Found at our local park about 3 inches down, along a walking trail. Looks nice, stamped "PSCL" inside, but it's not sterling, so not sure who made it or how old it is...yet

Also found an "old" diver's watch. Haven't ID'd it yet, but still need to do some searching. It will never run again, but it's my first "complete" watch

Attachments

• IMG_1753.jpg
    IMG_1753.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 342
Congrats. I love finding rings whether they are worth anything or not.

HD

I think this is number 12. Found at our local park about 3 inches down, along a walking trail. Looks nice, stamped "PSCL" inside, but it's not sterling, so not sure who made it or how old it is...yet

Here's some info:
Hallmark(s): "PSCL"
Information: Peter Stone Company, LTD. was founded by Peter Koslowski in 1992, in Bangkok, Thailand. Works primarily in silver.

Your ring is not older than 27 years. Since it's primarily silver that he worked in, I recommend spit testing that thing on foil (spit on it, wrap it, and 20 seconds later open it. If it stinks to high heaven, you've got silver.)

Skippy

Here's some info:
Hallmark(s): "PSCL"
Information: Peter Stone Company, LTD. was founded by Peter Koslowski in 1992, in Bangkok, Thailand. Works primarily in silver.

Your ring is not older than 27 years. Since it's primarily silver that he worked in, I recommend spit testing that thing on foil (spit on it, wrap it, and 20 seconds later open it. If it stinks to high heaven, you've got silver.)

Skippy

I saw that hallmark...but it's not marked as silver, and I can see where some of the "plating" has worn off. I was hoping for silver though.

Either way, it still looks nice and counts as a ring :)

I saw that hallmark...but it's not marked as silver, and I can see where some of the "plating" has worn off. I was hoping for silver though.

Either way, it still looks nice and counts as a ring :)

Its not uncommon for jewelers to silverplate silver. Yes, you read that correctly.

Silverplating something results in a perfect shine, as it fills in all gaps and micro-scratches.

I've had several silver rings that had plating flaking off. I just finished the job (using a brush to pull the flakes off), and then polished up.

Unless you're seeing base metal (like copper), flaking doesn't guarantee it's not silver. :)

Cheers!

Skippy

I agree with Skippy, kinda looks like silver. Could have even been gold plated silver at one point. Either way a damn nice find, congrats!

hmmm...it sure looks like base metal under the "flaking", but now you all have me thinking (a dangerous thing to be sure :) ) and I think I'll have to take a brush to it.

It SHOULD be marked though if it's silver or gold, especially with it being modern.

I can't find a ring like it online....maybe it's his first ring and it was a prototype...worth millions :)

Congrats on the ring! I've only found 14 rings this year so far - not hunting as much as I'd like to. Found 48 last year. I'm seriously wondering if I'm finding less because I bought and use my Nox 800 all the time now. I'm trying to NOT be just a high tones digger. I did find my first Platinum with the Nox, rang up as a 6!....So I'm working on digging more, skipping less - not easy sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom