• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

2019 Wrap up!

detectorben

Elite Member
Well temps are below zero and ground is covered in snow so I figured it was time for a wrap up. I had my best year detecting ever! Ended up with exactly 60 silver coins including a few bucketlisters for me. A franklin half, walker half, and standing liberty quarter! Ended up with over 100 wheat pennies and 31 indian head pennies including my 2nd key date 1877! Found some silver jewelry and a couple of tokens. Too many relics to really show. Also found my first silver coins in a field site that used to be a church thanks to pastor Bob! Can't wait to see what we find in 2020! Already have some great sites lined up for spring! I have a new camera as well so I am hoping to get more video footage and live digs for my YouTube channel Detectorben! Thanks for looking and happy hunting to all those in warmer areas!

The last 2 photos are from my last hunt of the year in a small town park I frequent. I had one of my best days ever with 5 silvers 1 Indian and a bunch of wheats.
bf81a2d71ef3d605c37b9d898b770cb5.jpg
dddbb081d6f90fff42146525a0bd8534.jpg
5efbfcd167cdd364a3298dc09d7f616c.jpg
886cf4c8b78f60f5a94572dc43a1eae5.jpg
f0414f01b9031ce792e319576cb3af8f.jpg
e970ffaafa3a77f960bcc49c3e330464.jpg
a0c62482c5979ae3ebb022175e669174.jpg
874373b61250a31e92e9d59857c50983.jpg
dda88b291384b4af4f7fb29b63867c27.jpg
d427cbd0616ad4da3f5c329110fe072b.jpg
bc3075f33a4d51319c893e6e96819894.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Heck of a year. Those are some prime spots you're hunting digging just over 100 wheats for 60 silver and 31 IHPs. Nice variety of silver, too.

Heck of a year. Those are some prime spots you're hunting digging just over 100 wheats for 60 silver and 31 IHPs. Nice variety of silver, too.
Thanks a lot! You know I didn't really think about the silver to wheat ratio until you mentioned it lol. That is surprising even to me. I feel like I dig a lot more wheats than silvers but I guess it wasn't a bad ratio. Last year I dug about the same amount of wheats but only around 30 silvers so I stepped up my game this year. I hope to hit 100 silvers in 2020 but that is a lofty goal that will be tough to hit.

Nice hunting there! Where you digging to find Indian heads as pretty as that 1877??
Thanks! I am in Nebraska and hunt mainly in eastern Nebraska and western Iowa. Soil is generally pretty kind to coins around here. I found the 1877 in a very small town park here in Nebraska.

You really had a awesome year detecting Ben. The beautiful 1877 tops the list of your finds and that coin is spectacular. Looking forward to the new year and hope to be able to share a outing. Trapper

Look at all that sweet stuff !

Love the wrap up Ben .
That 1877 Indian was a major score .
Thanks for laying at all our so we can salivate.

Good luck in 2020
,Dew

Very impressive year and nice display Ben. Congrats on all the shiny and other goodies. I hope this year is as good or better than 19. Good luck Mark

Nice way to take care of all of them too, looking great! Can you believe you’re just ONE PERSON in ONE SEASON finding all of those items? Can you begin to imagine what’s really in the ground everywhere? To think about it is is absolutely stupefying. And....and....we are finding this stuff even after 50 years of hunters using everything possible have been over most of the places we hunt. Some like to say that detectors haven’t really changed all that much in decades. I would like to politely disagree...
That’s a lot of hard work and perseverance Ben, you ought to be proud to display the fruit of the labor!

Very nice finds Ben! Those coins look great, a wonderful year for you!

Thanks!!

Congrats those are nice totals! Some special coins and relics.

Thanks!!

You really had a awesome year detecting Ben. The beautiful 1877 tops the list of your finds and that coin is spectacular. Looking forward to the new year and hope to be able to share a outing. Trapper

Thanks a lot trapper! I hope we get the opportunity to hunt together as well!

Congrats on a great year !

Thanks!!

Look at all that sweet stuff !

Love the wrap up Ben .
That 1877 Indian was a major score .
Thanks for laying at all our so we can salivate.

Good luck in 2020
,Dew

Haha thanks dew!!

Very impressive year and nice display Ben. Congrats on all the shiny and other goodies. I hope this year is as good or better than 19. Good luck Mark

Thanks Mark same to you!!

Nice way to take care of all of them too, looking great! Can you believe you’re just ONE PERSON in ONE SEASON finding all of those items? Can you begin to imagine what’s really in the ground everywhere? To think about it is is absolutely stupefying. And....and....we are finding this stuff even after 50 years of hunters using everything possible have been over most of the places we hunt. Some like to say that detectors haven’t really changed all that much in decades. I would like to politely disagree...
That’s a lot of hard work and perseverance Ben, you ought to be proud to display the fruit of the labor!

It is crazy to think about how much has been found and how much more is likely out there. It keeps me motivated I know that! Thanks a lot for the kind words!

Very impressive and the layout is great!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom