What?!? Who cut a silver coin into quarters?!?

I love the fact one of the pieces says “RUM” makes you think of Pirates & their Pieces of Eight!!!!!!

“If it’s not working, you are not using enough Rum”

Hi guys,

Somewhere I saw some info about reales and noticed that the 8-reale was pretty large - the diameter being 38mm.

I thought "Mine isn't that large".

I just measured it at 27mm. Does that make it a 4-reale?

Silly. It makes me a little disappointed. Crazy, b/c it's still such an amazing find - finding two halves in the same field 150 yards apart.

Attachments

• 20200917_091024-0.jpg
    20200917_091024-0.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 284
Finding one piece of a large Spanish Reale would be awesome to most people, but finding two matching pieces in the same field is amazing! I wonder if they got separated that far apart by the plow, or dropped in two different locations.

Finding one piece of a large Spanish Reale would be awesome to most people, but finding two matching pieces in the same field is amazing! I wonder if they got separated that far apart by the plow, or dropped in two different locations.
I have a pair of shorts that had a hole in one pocket. My keys would fall through! Took me awhile to finally get my wife to mend them. Maybe he wore the wrong trousers that day or it was the first day of a hole in the pocket!

k2gleaner

Back
Top Bottom