• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

3 Gold Day with the Nox

DiggingSteven

Up here in Canada on the 1st of July it's Canada Day - which is a holiday. With that in mind, on Friday, after work, I loaded up my very pregnant wife (twins) and our daughter into the car for a long weekend at the cottage. I took off Monday and Tuesday from work (and Wednesday is the aforementioned holiday) for a nice 5 days off.

Knowing that once those twins are out all detecting as I know it will stop for a year or two, I set the alarm early and left for the half hour down the mountains to a provincial park with a huge beach. With Covid lockdown I didn't expect to find much. It was also my first time in the water with the Nox 800 since I got my waterproof headphones from the Ukraine.

First signal was a titanium wedding band. Fun but worthless. Few coin spills later and I had my first gold. A large two color 14k wedding band. More coins. Another gold (the smaller ring - much heavier and 18k). More coins. Final gold is that horn of plenty looking tiny thing. That fell out of my scoop 3 times before I got it. In 3.5 hours I had $20+ in change, 3 Gold, one titanium and a junker. It was 10am and the beach was filling up a lot so it was time to drive back up to the cottage and have breakfast.

I might get to go back out tomorrow, but if not, I wanted to make this post to thank the ether for a 3 Gold Day. Bringing me to 5 fty.

Attachments

• IMG_30062020_132611_(800_x_800_pixel).jpg
    IMG_30062020_132611_(800_x_800_pixel).jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 630
  • IMG_30062020_132518_(1080_x_800_pixel).jpg
    IMG_30062020_132518_(1080_x_800_pixel).jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 570
Man, I needed to see something like this, today. I've been holed up in the house with bum feet for a week, and needed to live vicariously through someone.

Thanks for sharing!

-Skippy

Congrats on an awesome hunt!
The little pendant looks like a chili pepper!

Nice haul.

Congrats on the pending twins!

FYI, the little gold 'horn of plenty' as you call it, is called an Italian Horn. It's a good luck charm. Well maybe not for the previous owner ;) but hopefully for you.

laughed out loud when i saw the horn of plenty.....not exactly....thats an Italian horn worn by Studs so to speak....chili pepper-- hot man! masculine thing playboys wear. .... twins...... mmmm ok lolololol!!! ;):D:laughing:

i wanted twins but had to settle for two kids at different times. many twins in older family. two modern times sets have showed up in cousins and nieces. and boy did it change life for them!

a big Congratulations on all fronts and i hope you all stay safe and best wishes to you and yours for your future hunting team! may God bless and keep all safe.

Thank you all for the nice wishes and all the congrats. It means a lot!

The 'horn of plenty' as I called it apparently is called a 'cornicello' - although, if you google 'horn of plenty pendant' - you'll see why I called it that :cool3:

Also thank you for the well wishes on the twins. My wife is 5 months now, which, if you've had a kid, doesn't sound like much. But with twins, at 5 months, she is already bigger than she was at 9 months with a single baby. I won't have many more times where I can say 'here huge lady, take care of our 3 year old while I go detecting'.

I'm home now, so I got the scale out to check out the gold:
10k - 0.6g
14k - 4.8g
18k - 6.3g

In Canadian dollars, that's $613.64 for 3.5 hours work. Not a bad vacation morning. I know that days like this don't happen often so I really appreciate it when it does.

Thank you all for the nice wishes and all the congrats. It means a lot!

The 'horn of plenty' as I called it apparently is called a 'cornicello' - although, if you google 'horn of plenty pendant' - you'll see why I called it that :cool3:

Also thank you for the well wishes on the twins. My wife is 5 months now, which, if you've had a kid, doesn't sound like much. But with twins, at 5 months, she is already bigger than she was at 9 months with a single baby. I won't have many more times where I can say 'here huge lady, take care of our 3 year old while I go detecting'.

I'm home now, so I got the scale out to check out the gold:
10k - 0.6g
14k - 4.8g
18k - 6.3g

In Canadian dollars, that's $613.64 for 3.5 hours work. Not a bad vacation morning. I know that days like this don't happen often so I really appreciate it when it does.

Days like that are few and far between, but damn id they don't put the wind in the sails when they come.

Absolutely stellar day big congrats

Super nice job!!!!! Throw some of your luck my direction. Still looking for my 1st water retrieved gold. Me and penny (AKA my nox 600) are heading to the beach in the morning. Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work.

Awesome pile of gold there! With those numbers in under 4 hours, that place might just be packed with gold.

Back
Top Bottom