Anyone running the CTX Coiltek 14"x9" yet?

itsaring!

24K Larry
Forum Supporter
Looking for opinions on how it compares to the 17"? I usually run the 17 and occasionally switch to the stock coil. This is for wet sand im talking about. I did have the other coiltek CTX coil but sold it because it wasn't as good as the 17" for me anyways.

If you aren't hunting salt wet sand your info wont really help me. I need salt wet sand beach results only, with some shallow water tests. I don't submerge the CTX to the controls anymore.

Cliff in CWB is testing it now. He did a post on another forum with what he knows so far. Im going up some day this week to do some comparison between it and the standard...... but im NOT swinging that heavy Rssss 17" for our testing.:laughing:

Mine will be here monday,The 17" is goin up on fee bay.I have a few chains i found with my Xcall that my CTX dont pick up at all.I'm hoping that the Coiltek will pick them up.I'll run a few comparisons this week.

Larry

I haven't found any dealer's that have them in stock, wondering myself , as it's heavier than the 17, :nicethread: , keep this thread going, thank's Earl

1st impressions this coil is a heavy SOB..34.7 oz.Not sure what the big 17 is but it feels alot heavier to swing.I swung it over that small 14k chain i found with my Xcall and....NOTHING!!I was hoping this coil would pick up that chain.I have to hit the suds and give it a fair chance to see if its worth the $$ But so far im undecided....

Glad to see more options for the CTX but I am really happy with the 17'' at this point. I haven't even taken my stock 11'' out of the box so its still brand new. With the 17'' my CTX still feels lighter than my Excal or CZ21 ever did even with the best set ups.

I took the new coil out this morning for a 4hr hunt.I like the size of the coil,The 17"was just to big for me IMO.This coil runs very quiet i had the CTX up at 25 manual and there was very little chatter even in the water.I was hitting deep greenies 3to 4 scoops deep no problem.I also dug a very small button top like the size of a pencil erasers diameter at 10 to 12" That impressed me.The coil is heavy i didnt use my pro swing and aftet 4 hrs my shoulder was feeling it for sure.I really like the way the coil feels in the water.It sinks like a rock and stays planted on the bottom with alot less drag then the big 17.You guys with the clean flat sandy bottoms would love this coil.The only problem i had was when i got home ,I couldn't get that coil cover off not matter what i did.In fact i cracked the flippin thing getting it off.I'm happy with the coil does it replace the big 17"Well thats just personal preference. Now i gotta find some gold with it...GL HH

Itsaring

Are you going to get the coil ?, waiting for more review's, longer review's , thanks L A Digga, hope Larry get's the coil, avid hunter, if it's not better than the 17 , he will let us know, happy hunting , Earl

Ill put this out there............ ANYONE wanting to trade the 14 for the 17 let me know.

I liked what i saw when hunting with Cliff the other day. Physically it can take a tole after 6 hours or more..... but so can the 17 especially in the water. Our digits were a little different, but he was hunting with some varied setting and and full screen. Neither of us located a target that his coil or my standard didnt hit. I have to give it to the CTX...... its about as accurate on depth and ID as any machine ive used. When it says quarter at 12" you can bank on it.

Dew

Old Thread

But new coil, it's been out a while, how many more guy's are running this coil on the CTX3030 on the beach, reviews please :yes: Thanks Earl

Must be dead in the water :shock::laughing:

Im planning on getting one. Just waiting for the newness to wear off. My main concern is what it does on deep gold. Deep quarters are easy with the 17" coil. Small gold I haven't pulled much deep. But maybe its just I never went over any:?:

I really missed an opportunity the other day. Someone here in Fl was wanting to swap his for a 17". I think the coil is just interesting enough in design that if you had it with the CTX for sale it could get you a bit more. Hard on the ole shoulder or back out in the water thou.

Dew

I here ya guy's

The ? is , if any performance over the 17, i am new to both my CTX3030s, moving to the beach in 3 months finally my house will be done, a 400.00 coil is not appealing to me, unless i get the green light by you all, because i have two 17s, i know the 17 is heavy, i found that out on the 1st time i took it for a spin, the 12 is much easier on the arm, the 14x9 is heavier than the 17, but looks like water drag would be much less , and would be a better option than the 17, for wright now, Larry i will leave it in your arm's, and see what you think of it, when you test it, on a regular basis, guess time will tell here, happy hunting, Earl

after counting my clad I may spring for the 14 coil myself for the beach. I'm not 100 percent sold on it yet especially at 400$ that I will only use on occasion but it probably sure beats the stock coil in depth

Looking for opinions on how the 14x9 compares to the 17"?
Right just saying I'm sure they both beat out the stock by a lot..

Drayton is the biggest ML buff out there and is always commenting on coils for the CTX. IMO, you can get a good feel for the 14x9 by assessing his recent articles (post release of 14x9 coil). I counted 2 articles noting the 14x9 but a whopping 6 articles with referrals for the 17, and believe it or not, stock coil.

By reading between the lines, I can't help but feel he is prone to using the 17

Dave

I tend to listen to what the avid hunter find's out, this way most promotional sale's pushes are eliminated :roll: I still read them, but doesn't effect my decision to buy the product. The problem is time will tell- since the coil was just released not long ago :impatient: Review's are a little down the road.

Back
Top Bottom