• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Rosie sings O Canada - sponsored by Shell.

OZ_IL

Forum Supporter
From the land of the pulltabs.

Finally started some heavy detecting of some property three houses down. Guy gave me permission last October, finally got around to it :lol:

Finished searching most of the backyard yesterday and ended up with about a dozen or so pennies (two wheaties (1954-D & 1955-D)) along with two nickels and a Canadian quarter, aye?

I also found a Shell MR. President Coin Game piece - I believe from 1968. Of course I found plenty of pulltabs also :roll:

Tried the front today for about an hour - instead of finding pulltabs I was finding rusted beer and pop tops :P

Then I started finding one stinking penny after another, the pennies were ringing up anywhere from a penny to a half dollar *ugh*. I then had a reading that fell between the penny and dime. Up pops a 1949-D Rosie :yes: Ended up finding a clad dime, clad quarter and a few more pennies. Soil bone dry around here - I hate digging up dust. His lawn is in pretty bad shape (his words, and so true) so I really can't do much damage pluggin in bone dry conditions.

I think the total haul so far is 26 pennies (2 being wheaties), 2 quarters (1 canadian, 1 clad), 2 dimes (1 rosie) and 2 nickels. As with the other people's property I detect - they get the clad, I get any silver and wheaties. So far the clad total($$ wise) has surpassed the amount of silver and wheaties I find :(

Attachments

• three_amigos.jpg
    three_amigos.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 148
Nice finds OZ :) When you search the yards look for where the clothes line could have been and around the walk ways and flower beds...

A lot of people zero in on the clothesline, which is obviously a great spot, but the first thing I look for is the fattest tree, and also the path to the barn, and maybe even the furthest spot in the worked field... whether or not it's in site of the main house ('specially if it isn't). That's where the team driver/hired hand would probably take his "shady break".

Those stinkin SHELL people! I have found 8 of those darn rip offs. You think you have something good and bam your shot down!  :lol:

Sounds like a good day to me. I collect token as well as coins so I figure you made out in a big way. Anything found is worth it if your having fun doing it. smg

Nice Finds OZ_IL? I don?t know where you?re from but here in the Northeast it has been raining pretty much for a month now. Just seems funny your digging dry dirt and were digging muck, isn?t there a happy medium.

Again, nice finds,
DirtDigger (New Hampshire)

Back
Top Bottom