Stavr scoop ***UPDATE**** Last page

WildDigger

Elite Member
Just got word from Ruslan that my M-10 was ready to ship.. I sent the payment now is the hard part. THE WAIT!!!!!! :lol::lol:

OHHHH it is going to be a very hard next week or so.

Try to forget about it.. Then next thing you know it will be out for delivery :D Let us know how it works out for you! AND SHOW SOME PICS! :D

He said it will be off to air mail in the morning.

I will use it at the lakes. I used a friends Aluminum scoop with a SS lip this past weekend. It worked great.

i was surprised how fast mine got here.
and its well worth the wait
he makes a top notch product

How long did it take to get here?

I have been waiting for it to be ready for about 20 days already. He had his welder go down. But from what everyone has said it is well worth the wait.

Congrats WildDigger, Ruslan makes great scoops I highly recomend them. Have you preped your handle? There's a few things you can do to use up some of that waiting time.

Ruslan recommends paraffin or surf wax to waterproof the handle, makes it last longer and stops the handle getting water logged keeping the weight down.

I use surf wax and melt it into the wood with a heat gun let it soak in and apply more wax until the handle is thoroughly coated.
I also use a strip of plastic from a drink bottle as a shim leaving 1/2 an inch or so sticking out of the SS tube then wrap the join with electrical tape to stop water and sand getting in, that way if the handle should break clean off at the tube just pull out the plastic with pliers and the handle should drop out. Also a thing to do is drill a hole at both ends of the handle and if the handle does break (god forbid) then it's easy to just remove the broken part from the SS tube, turn the handle around and you're back in business.

Well that's the theory have had a good ash handle fitted with the grain alined just right in mine for 9 months of hard digging now and no problems.

Good luck and a speedy delivery.:yes:

32mm I have seen where everyone has to sand a handle down for the smaller one but know that I thought about a fiberglass handle the smaller one might have been better. lol

No problem, better to have the bigger size you can always shim it out. Think I'd go for the larger size tube too with the M-10. When or if I get a heavy gold chain the M-10 will be the first thing on my shopping list. I've got an Evroexcavator 2.22 a great all rounder but think that M-10 would be a great match for the DF. :yes:

12 days travel on 1st one

8 days travel on next two and 10 days on another one.
i also have a new M10 coming.
i sold the others and kept one of the evroexcavator2.22 and use it daily now.
got the M10 for the rocky areas around here.

Cool. So it may make it before I go north. Lol. I may get a chance at a swimming hole in Ohio.

Max how is your fiberglass handle working?

What is the total cost with the western union and freight?

I was hoping to find a used 2.22 but know luck yet

Mine took about a week to ship if I remember correctly...only a few days to Japan and then stuck in customs for a few days. Will be worth it though when it arrives! :yes:

wild digger and 73cj5

What is the total cost with the western union and freight?

I was hoping to find a used 2.22 but know luck yet

for us here, we went to local grocery chain that has western union and they charged like 23.00 bucks to forward money.
so far the fiberglass is great - the dia. is smaller - jury is still out on that......after using the 1.25" wood for many years, the smaller dia. fiberglass is different.

i need to add something to inside so it will float when i let it go, with the wood, i just tossed it aside when deep, but with this one i have to hold it when working deep.

Got a stavr evro 2.2 awhile back, I think it arrived on the 14th or 15th day from when it was shipped. Ordered a Krepish shortly after, still waiting for that, wanted slightly smaller holes for sugar sand rock-free spots.

Sealing the fiberglass handle can be done several ways, makes it float real nice. On mine, for my stavr, I used 3/4" long cut-off pieces of solid fiberglass rod to make "plugs" which are marine-epoxied in both ends, the lower end also has a 10" reinforcement insert epoxied in place. Just make sure to plug the lower end above where the screw goes thru...

Most fiberglass handles on heavier duty rakes/hoes found in lowe's type stores vary in wall thickness and are usually 31 or 31.5mm outside diameter. The yellow fiberglass poles that electric and phone company folks use are exactly 32mm with much thicker wall diameters, "dickie" brand poles. I guess you could use just about anything to just form a "stopper" inside the tube, then fill with like an inch of marine epoxy to form a solid plug.

On the wood handles, I've had good luck using MANY coats of poly clear coat spray to keep the water out.

Got a stavr evro 2.2 awhile back, I think it arrived on the 14th or 15th day from when it was shipped. Ordered a Krepish shortly after, still waiting for that, wanted slightly smaller holes for sugar sand rock-free spots.

Sealing the fiberglass handle can be done several ways, makes it float real nice. On mine, for my stavr, I used 3/4" long cut-off pieces of solid fiberglass rod to make "plugs" which are marine-epoxied in both ends, the lower end also has a 10" reinforcement insert epoxied in place. Just make sure to plug the lower end above where the screw goes thru...

Most fiberglass handles on heavier duty rakes/hoes found in lowe's type stores vary in wall thickness and are usually 31 or 31.5mm outside diameter. The yellow fiberglass poles that electric and phone company folks use are exactly 32mm with much thicker wall diameters, "dickie" brand poles. I guess you could use just about anything to just form a "stopper" inside the tube, then fill with like an inch of marine epoxy to form a solid plug.

On the wood handles, I've had good luck using MANY coats of poly clear coat spray to keep the water out.

2 things what do you use to plug it? More fiberglass? And where do you find the Dickie poles?

Back
Top Bottom