One tough cellphone!

Grace O'Malley

In an RV somewhere between FL and Montana.
Found this one on the beach at Amelia Island yesterday right at high tide line under about 2 inches of damp sand. Incredibly, it powered up long enough to get "mom's" number from the contact list. When it was returned to the owner, her fiance told me she had lost it about a month ago! Beaches are sanded in, just found some clad and a piece of junk jewelry. Can't post a pic here because it spells out a word that starts with "b" and ends with "h", and rhymes with "witch". :shock: Who on earth wears something like that? :?:

Attachments

• 0214121527a.jpg
    0214121527a.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 371
No doubt the owner was one wonderful, caring woman. :laughing:

As for the phone, some have removable micro-SD cards that you can retrieve information from. At least the pics on the card could be, ahem, "entertaining".

Sadly, even though it powered up, it's pretty much worthless. Once moisture hits the indicator on the battery, no company is going to repair it. If there were pics on the phone, I would try to return it but these days once you lose a phone (especially a dirt-cheap prepaid phone like that), you get a new one right away and the old one is quickly deactivated and forgotten.

A nice effort, but they probably chucked it by the end of the day.

I have an LG phone. I love it! It is my second one, the first I use for a backup but never have needed it. I have had it for 4 years now it have dropped it and kicked it but it keeps on going. They are good phones.

They are good phones.

Google "LG Rumor 2" and check out the "hello problem". We had two and they both developed the same fatal problem within one month's use. Biggest POS phone I have ever bought for my daughter. Chock full of firmware issues. Kept selling them with known defects. No manufacturer makes good phones all the time. The LG Rumor 2 was a giant turd in the cellular punchbowl.

Google "LG Rumor 2" and check out the "hello problem". Biggest POS phone I have ever bought for my daughter. Chock full of firmware issues. Kept selling them with known defects. No manufacturer makes good phones all the time. The LG Rumor 2 was a giant turd in the cellular punchbowl.

That's odd because my current phone is a Rumor 2 and it works great. I have never had a problem with it or my previous phone.

That's odd because my current phone is a Rumor 2 and it works great. I have never had a problem with it or my previous phone.

Good luck. Might want to get familiar with the "hello problem". When it flashes "hello" on the opening screen, it's toast. First phone: fatal error. Sent it in to LG for repair, they sent a refurb which also failed within a month.

But wait, it gets better. Bought a brand new one from China...er....Wal-Mart and it failed even faster than the first one out of the box. Sent it for repair, failed within a couple months. Strike FOUR.

My current phone is the LG Optimus and it works like a champ. Once you root the phone, great things happen.

Back
Top Bottom