Never been so proud...

sllingshot47

Elite Member
To be both a Whites and lifelong Garrett owner. Today we received news from Whites that Garrett will buy out Whites-technology and all-and continue their legacy. True American family owned businesses.:cool3:

Not sure what whites had that Garrett wants or needs, but good for Garrett! :thumbsup:

My question exactly. Whites has not had any new technology in ages. Technology sells to the younger and some of the older crowd.

Yes Whites had a fan base but not large enough to keep them in business.

They should snag Tesoro too! :lol:

I got an email from whites about that. Pretty cool.

Yes! After you put the thought in my mind, I grabbed my Compadre and went out and had a blast! Forgot about all its sounds it makes on iffy targets and that snap on coins. Biggest thrill? I hit a coin spill-4 quarters and a nickel. Love that Ratatattat signal!

Out of all the detectors I have used or tried, Tesoro is one I have yet to experience. Almost bought one a couple years ago, but just failed to do so. I have never heard one bad review of any Tesoro product.:yes:

Out of all the detectors I have used or tried, Tesoro is one I have yet to experience. Almost bought one a couple years ago, but just failed to do so. I have never heard one bad review of any Tesoro product.:yes:

Their technology never improved enough for feature lovers. Those who were serious hunters and realized it's ability in iron as well as fast response found targets feature lovers missed. Jack Gifford himself was a proponent of low discrimination. Not that they didn't have discrimination and ID features- just that g/b features didn't combine with other features, etc.

It would seem I definitely need to look into a Tesoro unit for sure. Thanks for the good info.

It would seem I definitely need to look into a Tesoro unit for sure. Thanks for the good info.

Just as I was considering a Golden umax, they had a component issue and then went out of business before it was settled. Unbelievably, even though the Compadre lacks the depth of Tesoro's other units, it's capabilities are astounding-especially for the then price of $160. And it feels light as a feather when hunting.:cool:

They should snag Tesoro too! :lol:

I got an email from whites about that. Pretty cool.

I miss my tejon!!!!!!

As far as whites goea..garrett mustve bought whites for a song!

Had a whites for a while, 2 different models and its no wonder they couldnt make it in the buisiness.. the v3I was a turd they put too much hope into that machine and failed miserably..
I got a brand new mx sport from a buddy of mine and it was a tank to use and definitely wasnt impressed with that one either ..

Back
Top Bottom