Heart-Stopper

Nice

WOW, I've found a few gold items, but never a chain and nothing so big. I'm guessing your a Marine? If so, thank you for your patriotism. We need more people like you.
HH everyone

From time to time i will take a find to a local jewelry shop. Some times to just show off and some times to get an item tested. A couple of the ladies who work there ask what did you find now. I did have the owner give me a written appraisal of a couple of rings that i found It was well worth spending the money for the appraisal. If that is real and i hope that it is you have made a magnificent find.

1st off , thanks for your service ! As marines are always prepared , so must a detectorist. I gotta think you will remedy that by getting a scale and diamond tester. It's like having a gun cleaning kit : mandatory. A heart stopper to me has always been defined as the exhilaration of a major score once you dig it out. For 10 seconds. Only to realize it's a fake. Like my recent 1carat solitaire I posted. I hope that's not the case. My experience is the majority of 10k I find has fake stones , particularly when small. Even if they are real , they aren't worth much. But if it's real gold , it looks like its weighty ! So that's good. But I'm with Craig , I would off it. Private party sale will yield more than scrap. Would hate for you to oogle over it for a long time not knowing. Anyways , you are on the start of a nice gold run ! Good luck on getting more...

1st off , thanks for your service ! As marines are always prepared , so must a detectorist. I gotta think you will remedy that by getting a scale and diamond tester. It's like having a gun cleaning kit : mandatory. A heart stopper to me has always been defined as the exhilaration of a major score once you dig it out. For 10 seconds. Only to realize it's a fake. Like my recent 1carat solitaire I posted. I hope that's not the case. My experience is the majority of 10k I find has fake stones , particularly when small. Even if they are real , they aren't worth much. But if it's real gold , it looks like its weighty ! So that's good. But I'm with Craig , I would off it. Private party sale will yield more than scrap. Would hate for you to oogle over it for a long time not knowing. Anyways , you are on the start of a nice gold run ! Good luck on getting more...

Yall are welcome for my service. I loved 'almost' every minute of it.
As for the bracelet, I am going off the assumption that it is fake, for now. I will be perfectly fine if it does turn out to be fake. Don't really matter. The experience was still great!
I will order all the tools to be able to check this stuff out in the future. I just, recently, figured out how to read the beach well enough that I feel I have a pretty good idea of where to hunt rather than swinging, willy nilly, all over the place. It seems to be paying off as I have found better and better stuff. I'll keep at it.

A couple of years ago a woman insisted I stop everything and drive an hour to her house and look for her lost ring. I agreed and told her I do not charge but I do ask to be able to search the whole yard and keep anything Else I find. She agreed so I drove to her house and almost immediately found the lost ring.

I ws her hero and she invited me inside for a drink of water. I then informed her I wanted to begin MY search and reminded her of our agreement. She became very angry and screamed that I’d better not dig anything and pushed me out the door!!

There were a couple of penny signals but I didn’t dig them as I assumed she was watching. I went around the corner and got a penny-dime signal. I dug a plug and saw about 4 inches of a bracelet hanging out of the wall of the hole. I gently pulled and then had an 11 inch bracelet in my hands and I left. It’s gold silver and diamonds and the jeweler who repairs a couple of broken links said it was over 50 years old ( she had just moved in)

Attachments

• BFB3DD7E-D586-4532-882A-628ACEAD4675.jpg
    BFB3DD7E-D586-4532-882A-628ACEAD4675.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 169
A couple of years ago a woman insisted I stop everything and drive an hour to her house and look for her lost ring. I agreed and told her I do not charge but I do ask to be able to search the whole yard and keep anything Else I find. She agreed so I drove to her house and almost immediately found the lost ring.

I ws her hero and she invited me inside for a drink of water. I then informed her I wanted to begin MY search and reminded her of our agreement. She became very angry and screamed that I’d better not dig anything and pushed me out the door!!

There were a couple of penny signals but I didn’t dig them as I assumed she was watching. I went around the corner and got a penny-dime signal. I dug a plug and saw about 4 inches of a bracelet hanging out of the wall of the hole. I gently pulled and then had an 11 inch bracelet in my hands and I left. It’s gold silver and diamonds and the jeweler who repairs a couple of broken links said it was over 50 years old ( she had just moved in)

That is so cool.

I would have dangled that in front of her for a split second ...haha...and hopefully she didn't stumble in any of the holes I left behind chasing me either...🤣

Back
Top Bottom