Monster Day with Noxy! 2 Golds (14k Chain) & Big Silver Bracelet – You Can call me “Edgardo” 😉

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
Today was and end of the quarter teacher planning day. All the teachers would be zooming PD at home. I got the OK form the boss to be out in the morning and come in after noon. Low tide was just after 9am so I hit the beach at 7 for a wet sand hunt with Noxy. We have had strong winds and lots of rain all week so when I got there I was excited to see lots of mild erosion that had created a nice gentle slope from the vegetation to the shore line. My 1st few targets were deep and were either greenies or a sinker so I knew I was in for a VERY productive day. I set my goal at 100 coins which I hadn’t done all year. Forty-five minutes into the hunt I get a choppy signal jumping from low numbers to the penny range. I dig in the scoop and when I pulled out the sand I noticed gold chain dangling from the hole wall. :dingding: I immediately saw the “Edgardo”, some writing on the clasp and put it away. I knew it was good so on to the next gold.

I couldn’t read my Fitbit in the bright light so I couldn’t tell you how quickly the 4.5 hours of this hunt went. It seemed I was in the zone with target after target. The only thing that let me know I had been out there was my thirst despite my constant drinking from my bladder. Somewhere in the middle of the hunt was the locket thing which I initially though was brass. I noticed some weight to it and started rubbing it with some sand and noticed it started to turn gold! :dingding: Although I wasn’t sure since I couldn’t read the back, low K gold tends to tarnish over time at this beach. At home I would later see the “375” indicating 9K – and maybe my 1st! The chunky silver bracelet came in the last 15-20 minutes and I really thought I was about to pull a penny. I was a little shocked at my coin totals and total amount. I am sore all over and my left hand has been cramping for hours. Not a bad day at all and I am hoping to feel up to taking out my kayak early tomorrow.

Attachments

• 10-23-20.jpg
    10-23-20.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 772
  • 10-23-20 2nd.jpg
    10-23-20 2nd.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 788
  • 10-23-20 Chains.jpg
    10-23-20 Chains.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 768
  • 10-23-20 Locket.jpg
    10-23-20 Locket.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 754
  • 10-23-20 Locket 2.jpg
    10-23-20 Locket 2.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 781
  • 10-23-20 Tracker.jpg
    10-23-20 Tracker.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 734
  • 10-23-20 Fits.jpg
    10-23-20 Fits.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 736
Last edited:
Nice Felix... but you ruined the entire post with those cruddy worthless Felix pennies :lol:

Yes ! Yes ! Yes ! Edgardo ! That's being in the zone. Losing all sense of time. Digging targets till your arms fall off. I take a few breaks during a hunt like this. But each time it's harder to get up. After 8 hours I'm done , but I'm learning to try longer. Regardless of tides , you still dig targets. Only because sometimes the next day , its filled in.

Yes ! Yes ! Yes ! Edgardo ! That's being in the zone. Losing all sense of time. Digging targets till your arms fall off. I take a few breaks during a hunt like this. But each time it's harder to get up. After 8 hours I'm done , but I'm learning to try longer. Regardless of tides , you still dig targets. Only because sometimes the next day , its filled in.
:laughing:
The longest I believe I have ever hunted was 6 hours but that was in the water. There's no way I could handle 8 hours of what I did today.

Was a really productive day Felix! [emoji869] Congrats, the chains are rare guest in my scoop when I hunt with Nox.

Tapatalkkal küldve az én ANE-LX1 eszközömről

Great report. All those green coins indicate older sand was coming into view. Love the gold too !

Was a really productive day Felix! [emoji869] Congrats, the chains are rare guest in my scoop when I hunt with Nox.

Most detectors would have found that chain because it has the name plate on it... take that off and maybe not because a detector can only see 1 link at a time or the clasp on a gold chain.

Of couse, the name plate easy target, but the chain is chain.

I found just one chain with Nox, underwater, snorkeling in sea, beach2, it was a 9k thin chain with pendant, was very old, the chain fall apart when I dig, but the I find the pieces (the smalles was only 3 link long) because it was 9K. If 14k i think didn't pick the detector.

Felix!!! Awesome hunt with a beautiful chain!!!! Can't say I've met anyone named Edgardo, but he must be pretty well off!:laughing: or at least he was before he went to the beach!:D. Congrats!!!

Today was and end of the quarter teacher planning day. All the teachers would be zooming PD at home. I got the OK form the boss to be out in the morning and come in after noon. Low tide was just after 9am so I hit the beach at 7 for a wet sand hunt with Noxy. We have had strong winds and lots of rain all week so when I got there I was excited to see lots of mild erosion that had created a nice gentle slope from the vegetation to the shore line. My 1st few targets were deep and were either greenies or a sinker so I knew I was in for a VERY productive day. I set my goal at 100 coins which I hadn’t done all year. Forty-five minutes into the hunt I get a choppy signal jumping from low numbers to the penny range. I dig in the scoop and when I pulled out the sand I noticed gold chain dangling from the hole wall. :dingding: I immediately saw the “Edgardo”, some writing on the clasp and put it away. I knew it was good so on to the next gold.

I couldn’t read my Fitbit in the bright light so I couldn’t tell you how quickly the 4.5 hours of this hunt went. It seemed I was in the zone with target after target. The only thing that let me know I had been out there was my thirst despite my constant drinking from my bladder. Somewhere in the middle of the hunt was the locket thing which I initially though was brass. I noticed some weight to it and started rubbing it with some sand and noticed it started to turn gold! :dingding: Although I wasn’t sure since I couldn’t read the back, low K gold tends to tarnish over time at this beach. At home I would later see the “375” indicating 9K – and maybe my 1st! The chunky silver bracelet came in the last 15-20 minutes and I really thought I was about to pull a penny. I was a little shocked at my coin totals and total amount. I am sore all over and my left hand has been cramping for hours. Not a bad day at all and I am hoping to feel up to taking out my kayak early tomorrow.
Nice hunt Felix congrats [emoji122]

Redmi Note 9 Pro cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Back
Top Bottom