Big gold coin in Missouri

Wow what eye candy! The front of the $20 gold reminds me of a bullion round from the Zombucks series. Congrats!

This thread deserves a double post! Again I say WOWZERS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You sir are truly blessed. I can barely imagine finding my first gold coin, let alone a double eagle. Adding to that you’ve found several others (one dating back to 150BC)?! I wish I could have seen through your eyes the unearthing of each one. Simply phenomenal. Congratulations!!!!!

The celtics all came East of London. The pair of 150 BC galo Belgic quarters came on a lovely day w a friend that also found an ancient gold fragment. All those good memories make even an uneventful day in the fields enjoyable.

Attachments

• IMG_2864.jpg
    IMG_2864.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 713
  • IMG_1274.jpg
    IMG_1274.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 706
  • IMG_1267.jpg
    IMG_1267.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 681
You must live in England!

No I just go to visit a couple times a year. Been extremely lucky to have good clubs with great land to detect on. I really went to England to find gold as thought would never find it at home in the states. That was just more dumb luck! You can't beat luck.

HOLY !!!! sorry the words I would like to express are not sutible for this forum. That is a downright amazing. Congrats

Banner! Oh, wait....dammit!
You’d be cartin’ my carcass outta that place in an ambulance if I found that thing! Like has been said, that is THE holy grail coin of anyone who hunts, because it would be THAT unlikely to find one, along with the numismatic value and the weight value. Somebody way back when was down ALOT of money when they lost that thing! I’d be checking,re-checking and checking again to make sure you don’t have a plow scatter going on in there...
Fantastic find, that’s a hard one to beat!

Congrats, I found that same coin and it is also my newest gold coin. I have a much tighter grouping though.

A few years ago I was contacted by a fellow who wanted to learn to detect. Soon he was equipped with an Ace 250 and pinpointer and the basics of the hobby.

2 weeks later he called me but was whispering so low I couldn’t hear him. I asked why he was whispering and he said he didn’t want anybody to hear him even though he was alone in a field.

I asked why he was being so secretive and he replied “I just peed my pants”

I said “Why are you calling to tell me that?” and he said he was sending me pictures and hung up.

Fearing I was getting pictures of his urine soaked trousers I hesitated to open them but when I did I understood. I would have fouled my pants too.

His second hunt. His second target. An 1876 $20 Double Eagle. I told him I hate him. Since then he also found a $1 gold coin in the same area.

I hate him twice as much. But I must be a decent trainer

Attachments

• F6848939-20A1-42BE-9971-76BBA4632F0D.jpg
    F6848939-20A1-42BE-9971-76BBA4632F0D.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 758
FIRST OF ALL, to Blacksnake Hill --

AMAZING, ASTOUNDING, STUPENDOUS find! On family land, too? Double amazing.

Congrats on what is, like so many others have said, THE bucket-list coin for so many of us!

MAJOR MAJOR CONGRATS!

Now -- to Chipk -- THANK YOU for sharing that story! I LITERALLY just laughed out loud, at that!!!

Made my day, both of these posts!

Steve

A few years ago I was contacted by a fellow who wanted to learn to detect. Soon he was equipped with an Ace 250 and pinpointer and the basics of the hobby.

2 weeks later he called me but was whispering so low I couldn’t hear him. I asked why he was whispering and he said he didn’t want anybody to hear him even though he was alone in a field.

I asked why he was being so secretive and he replied “I just peed my pants”

I said “Why are you calling to tell me that?” and he said he was sending me pictures and hung up.

Fearing I was getting pictures of his urine soaked trousers I hesitated to open them but when I did I understood. I would have fouled my pants too.

His second hunt. His second target. An 1876 $20 Double Eagle. I told him I hate him. Since then he also found a $1 gold coin in the same area.

I hate him twice as much. But I must be a decent trainer

Back
Top Bottom