11 Silver dimes...

ATTABOY Trapper! and 65 is a respectable number. Congrats on the silver even if its only trickeling in.I haven't seen a silver coin since the first week of March. I also had a great start with 26 shiny fty in my first 30 hunts. My thoughts are with you for cooler, wetter weather. And hopes some of this corona virus fears subside a little, people won't answer their doors around here. Good luck, Mark

65 fty at the half way point is amazing! Nice job!
Appreciate your reply Dewayne. I need to rethink my situation and look at it from a different view. I have been spoiled for to long. Trapper
You've done it again......congrats on all the dimes.
Don't know what I did Ed but Hopefully I can keep doing it. Trapper
I completely understand why you are at 65 with all the things you have going on at home. But hey you are still past most of us. Congratulations! Oh ya a few few of those silvers dont look like they came from Wisconsin dirt!:laughing: Looking forward to the next outing. Thanks for everything.
Sorry Mike I should have mentioned I had to travel to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan to dig 4 of those Dimes. Let me also say Mike is a great host and loves an adventure like me. Trapper
Very nice Trapper, love those shiny dimes! I think I've only been out about 8 times in all of June, too much other stuff going on. Got skunked one time up in Missoula, but other hunts last month did get a few silvers. Glad you are getting out and making finds!
I "love the Shiny" also Dave, it's the hope on every hunt. Just recently though it has become very scarce. I used to trap Skunks and turned some nice coin from them (essence, hat, and pet/zoo trade), these days the skunks are not as welcomed. Trapper

I sure hope you and Mike made at least a little hay last time up, but man it’s been HOT! I’m not planning on doing any more hunting till we get some rain and gets a bit less ridiculous as far as the temp goes, it’s not worth killing ourselves over. 65 is nice so far, and yeah...those skunks and “wunpers” are reality checks! Reality SUCKS! But it’s all we got....:lol:
It needs to cool off buddy.
Rain and a little heat relief sure would be welcome without a doubt. Did 2 days on that big Puddle and then did my initial Red Metal hunting which was another learning experience. All in all some success but a fantastic adventure. Even got to bring home a few "Yooper" Silver's. Hope that you can make the next trip up and join the party. Trapper
Not much hay making but alot of fun for sure. More of a learning experience. But the spot i found yesterday will definitely be adding up quick . Did 1 test pan and got 22 pieces of beautiful yellow! Just needs to cool down. 93 today tomorrow might hit 100. Hopefully you you can make the next trip.
Mike, I am looking forward to seeing pans like that. Maybe a few larger Red Metal hunks also. Trapper
Trapper, although the last few months may have been a "reality check" for you (as someone who's an expert silver hunter), they still look good to me! :thumbsup: Keep it up; it's good to hear an update from you!
Hope to have something good to report a little faster than this one.Chelsea. Weather changes (rain and heat relief) and permissions would sure make it a lot easier. Trapper
I wish I was at 65! Hope your able to get on some better ground
Liam, Have to do a lot of road trips to get on fresher grounds. At my age with this epidemic still about it does put some restraints upon it. Hope that the late season weather is a little better at cooperating for those adventures. Trapper

Good to see an update, even if it is "only" 11 silver dimes since the last. You had a silver dime spree at the end of last year.
Thank you Brian for your reply. That run on Silver Dimes last fall ran up to over 40 before I dug a Silver Quarter. Hope that I can get a coil over something else before it adds up to that again. Still if it does I'm not throwing any of them back. Trapper
That's a darn fine assortment of shinies there Trapper. Well done, especially given the heat! :mder:
Not much of a assortment Anthony but all are shiny's and I'm happy about that. Some good rains and cooler temps will things happen again. Sure hope it will be soon.
Trap,
Its been so long since i’ve seen a post from you I was wondering if you had quit detecting. I’m relieved to see you are still pounding the ground! Sometimes our fertile grounds turn a little fallow, although eleven silvers is nothing to scoff at. Congrats!
It has been a while Jim. Just not having a good run and been doing a lot around the house with the gardens. Plus putting some efforts to other activities lately. Hope to have more to report again soon. Trapper

More than I've gotten in ten weeks... Back when I used to detect the last time I got to where i wanted to hunt was march 15th.
Been doing a lot on the home front Zee and getting out when I can. Just can't make all the long road trips to get on new grounds. This virus thing and the weather have not helped recently. Better days are coming. Trapper

Hey, there you are Trapper! Good to hear from ya, I see your still adding silver to your treasure chest! How many chest's is that now? 3? 4?
Congrats amigo, as for me I haven't been out hardly, I'm a real wimp when it comes to the heat, waiting for lower 70's weather. HH

Good to see you are finding some silver. I know it’s tough and time and other things are getting in the way too but you’re getting some silver. Congrats and hope maybe you get that cooler weather to do some door knocking.9
Finding a few Jason but this slow pace sure has not been what I was use to. Hope with better conditions things will pick up soon. I really need this virus thing to go away so permissions become available. Trapper
This weather has been crazy! My ground is so dry ive been water hunting. Still great to get out. Congrats on those silvers. Happy Hunting
Thank you Jonny for your reply. Water hunting would be a very nice alternative in this. Some good rains and cooler weather along with this virus thing going away will solve my woes pretty fast. Trapper
Same story over here Trapper, good to see you got some fruit for your labor though. Congrats on the silver dimes!
Appreciated your comments Jeff, thank you. Better days for both of us are in the future, that's for sure. Trapper
ATTABOY Trapper! and 65 is a respectable number. Congrats on the silver even if its only trickeling in.I haven't seen a silver coin since the first week of March. I also had a great start with 26 shiny fty in my first 30 hunts. My thoughts are with you for cooler, wetter weather. And hopes some of this corona virus fears subside a little, people won't answer their doors around here. Good luck, Mark
The same circumstances here Mark, people are really scared. They need to find something to stop this virus to open doors again. In the mean time we just have to do what we can. Trapper

That is 11 Silver Dimes in the last 10 Weeks. For as good as the first 6 weeks of the year was this last two plus months have been a real reality check for me. I had only 2 skunks in the first 30 hunts but have had over a dozen since the last week of April. Weather has blame for a little of this but not being able to get on fresher grounds is the biggest culprit. That along with other activities and home responsibilities also have to take some credit. One thing, I should add that each of these Dime's were dug in separate hunts so I have gotten out a bit. I still hold hope that when the cooler weather comes along with some rainfall I can do some door knocking and add to the count. The count stood at 54 back in April it now resides at 65 FTY. Anyway until the next. Trapper

Way to go Trap . Wish I could say I’m hanging with ya on numbers but your still putting a hurt on us and your not even trying.
Congratulations on the silver my friend.
👍
Dew

What? No Barbers? Just teasing! Congrats on those beauties Trapper.
The oldies have been missing from under my coil most of this year Charlie but I have hope the second half of this year will allow me to get on some older grounds and change that. Trapper
At least you're getting out regularly and getting silver!
Very true Jerry, I need to count my blessings. Guess I have been a bit of a spoiled brat. Trapper
Congrats on the Rosies and mercs, Trapper! Those are sweet finds! :cool3:
Appreciate the very kind words Garrett, thank you. Got some rain the last 2 days and the temps have dropped a bit so conditions here are improving. Trapper
Hey, there you are Trapper! Good to hear from ya, I see your still adding silver to your treasure chest! How many chest's is that now? 3? 4?
Congrats amigo, as for me I haven't been out hardly, I'm a real wimp when it comes to the heat, waiting for lower 70's weather. HH
I only have 3 chests and one is holding my heart in it.:yes:. The others are my Silver Coin which is still a long way from being full and the other is the the Ring Chest. That one seems to get filled at a much slower pace. In fairness my friend I still get out as often as I can but this year things have slowed greatly. One of the reasons for that is I have visited your beautiful states upper peninsula a few times to catch a view of that great big puddle of the North. Trapper

A "dime a time" ain't bad, but given your history, I'd say you are due for a heavier score. Same summer slowdown up here. Even after a good rain, some of my plugs looked sickly the next day.

Way to go Trap . Wish I could say I’m hanging with ya on numbers but your still putting a hurt on us and your not even trying.
Congratulations on the silver my friend.
👍
Dew
Thank you again Brad for your kind words. Things have been slow on the detecting end, the numbers though are still going up. Just not as fast as I hoped for. But am planning another trip North at the end of the month with the hope for some good success. Was happy to see your report and that you and Bret got out for some real quality time. Trapper
A "dime a time" ain't bad, but given your history, I'd say you are due for a heavier score. Same summer slowdown up here. Even after a good rain, some of my plugs looked sickly the next day.
Seems the dime every third time here in resent times Blaise. Although I did get a couple of Washington's this last week. Even with the slow harvest with detecting the gardens look to be in fantastic shape. Have well over a thousand tomatoes with tons of flowers still on the plants. Everything from cucumbers to beans and peppers looked to provide a tremendous amount of bounty. Trapper

Congratulations Trapper, nice to see you getting out, especially with the heat. Gotta love the silver in the hole.

Man that good hunting any day. I haven't been out in a month and a half do to work. Glad your out and about and diggin silver. Congrats my friend.

Congratulations Trapper, nice to see you getting out, especially with the heat. Gotta love the silver in the hole.
Thank you Jerr. You know I love the site of shine in the hole, just not happening all that often of late. The heat has had its effects for sure nut hunting tired ground has been the real culprit for me. Not being able to do permissions and travel limitations have had a major impact for sure. Still have hope to put a few more on the board though yet. Trapper
Awesome finds again. That's a nice lot of silvers
Thanks Levi. Hunting has been slowed a bit and the production is down but it still pleases me to add the shine to the count. Trapper
Man that good hunting any day. I haven't been out in a month and a half do to work. Glad your out and about and diggin silver. Congrats my friend.
Appreciate your reply Carl. Took 10 weeks plus to accumulate these 11 Dimes. Hope the effort will be a little more rewarding in the future. Wondering did you received my pm with my address as it was a while back when you requested it. Trapper

Back
Top Bottom